case for a router plane project?
As for the inside....I added 1/4" thick plywood runners for the assemble plane to sit on,,,threaded rod wound up too too in the box.    Rub a black sharpie on the end of the rod, press the lid down...then, drill a hole about 1/4" deep into the lid..
Winkgrin

Notice the box has been stained?
Confused

Hinge side...

Front view...

End view....need to fine tune the latch a bit....so the dang thing will stay latched...
Upset 

May go back and stain the inside, not going to felt/flock the inside.  Looking at a label to attach to the end of the box....

Stay tuned....
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-23-2020, 10:03 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That is one nice 71
Yes
To be fussy and technical, that's actually a No. 71-1/2, probably a Type 4 (1911-1924).  By that date, Stanley had started building the No. 71 with the arch in front of the cutter - which they then had to figure out how to fill in when someone wanted the support the 71 already had when working board edges.  But there was, it appears, enough interest in the original design that Stanley started offering the 71-1/2, with the everywhere-flat sole.
Well...here you go
Winkgrin Front view? 

Inside view?  
Cool 

Logo cast into the plane is a script Stanley No. 71 1/2 

Top view of the lid...and..
Winkgrin 

A view of the end...
Cool 

Latch fixed to where it will stay...latched..

I  think  I  can  call  this one  done?
Rolleyes 

Thanks for looking in...
Went looking around on Ebay last night....was looking at 1/4" cutters for this plane......most costing as much, if not more, than what I paid for the plane, AND the rehab parts.....time to dig through the stash of old allen wrenches....and grind a 1/4" cutter myself?    $45 for a single cutter?    A bit too rich for my budget....
Seem to be getting a stack of cases in the shop...
Winkgrin

Might have to update that tap&die case....
Rolleyes