Kitchen roll around cart - height adjustment?
What height compromise would work for 6'0" and 5'2" persons working in the same kitchen.  I'm going to make a simple roll around cart with a maple butcher block top. It probably will be used more for an air fryer and the Instant Pot than a preparation table.  How much below base cabinet height?
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
It depends on the width of the island.  A shorter person will not be able to reach across a very tall island.  This might be an issue for cleaning the counter top. 

I would mock up a island and let the shorter person reach over it. 

People normally bend from the waist.  If it is too tall then bending from the waist puts the person further from the far end of the island than simply standing tall. 

It is more about horizontal reach than anything else in my opinion.

I made my bathroom vanity counter high.  It seemed more logical than the abnormally low sink height you see in normal vanities.  But when it comes time to bend over the sink to spit out after brushing your teeth, the height is a problem for shorter people.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Depending on how long the cart is......3'? 4'?
Could you have 2 different heights? Say half of it 28", the other 32-34".
Just working the brain here....
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Make to the height of the 5’2” person then

make a second top that can sit securely on top of the first to make a comfortable cutting height for the 6’0 person.
Store it on a lower shelf or hang it on the side.

Or make a scissor lift of sorts to elevate the top.
Ray
In my experience both people have grown up in the standard ergonomic world so that the typical kitchen counter height would feel most familiar, if not most comfortable.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

It makes most sense to me after some thought to make the height for the 5'2" person. So I'll ask her if she'd like it counter height or lower.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
If you take several adults of different heights and stand then next to each other with their arms hanging loosely at there side, yo will find that all of the finger tips are all within 1 inch of each other. That is why the standard counter top height in the kitchen is 36 inches today.

Vanities in the bathrooms are lower but I am finding out that most women prefer the 36 inch height also

So unless the top of the counter came out of a 1929 farm house the women will both be used to the 36 inch height and never give it a thought.

Tom