Cherry Cheval Mirro
Just a quick project to show - my wife has been using a dressing mirror that she's had for 20 years leaned up against the wall that I've complained about for almost as long. Finally got around to making the replacement. The design is intended to compliment the rest of the bedroom furniture. Cherry with wenge accents. The back is a sheet of refinished ply I had left over from a previous project. The bottom accent mimics the headboard/footboard of the bed. Finished with boiled linseed oil, wipe on varnish, and a coat of wax. 

Critiques welcome as always - no one seems shy on this forum...
Smile

Cheers - 

Matt

[Image: 49418675313_c7c67f9168_z.jpg]

[Image: 49419363272_a7008f310e_z.jpg]
[Image: 49419209501_dd784b5141_z.jpg]
Nice, I love that accent on the bottom.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Is this a Greene & Greene style?  I like the looks of it. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-25-2020, 12:11 PM)mpmiller Wrote:  - my wife has been using a dressing mirror that she's had for 20 years leaned up against the wall that I've complained about for almost as long.

Let me see if I got this straight—your wife has been making do for 20 years and you’re the one complaining? 
Laugh  

Once you finally got a roundtuit, it looks great.  The details are beautiful.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
    Love the details.  Much nicer than mine.
(01-25-2020, 12:11 PM)mpmiller Wrote: Just a quick project to show - my wife has been using a dressing mirror that she's had for 20 years leaned up against the wall that I've complained about for almost as long. Finally got around to making the replacement. The design is intended to compliment the rest of the bedroom furniture. Cherry with wenge accents. The back is a sheet of refinished ply I had left over from a previous project. The bottom accent mimics the headboard/footboard of the bed. Finished with boiled linseed oil, wipe on varnish, and a coat of wax. 

Smile

Cheers - 

Matt

(01-25-2020, 12:11 PM)mpmiller Wrote: Just a quick project to show - my wife has been using a dressing mirror that she's had for 20 years leaned up against the wall that I've complained about for almost as long. Finally got around to making the replacement. The design is intended to compliment the rest of the bedroom furniture. Cherry with wenge accents. The back is a sheet of refinished ply I had left over from a previous project. The bottom accent mimics the headboard/footboard of the bed. Finished with boiled linseed oil, wipe on varnish, and a coat of wax. 

Smile

Cheers - 

Matt

Nice job, reminds me of one I picked up a long time ago from a fellow Marine for Christmas for the ex.  He made them to order every year.  Mine got destroyed a few years later in one of my many moves.  I too love the small accents and details.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Very nicely done. The square pegs and scrolled recess detail along the bottom look great. Echoing the existing furniture is a nice touch.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Lovely job on the mirror and I too like and admire the pillowed ebony pegs, a la Greene and Green. The small segmented arch at the bottom really sets it off and is a nice touch! "Good on ya" for making something nice for SWMBO - wise man.

Doug