Pic ?
I constantly have problems posting my pics from my phone. I keep getting an error msg. saying it's to large. How do I change to kb to fit here?
(01-27-2020, 11:13 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I constantly have problems posting my pics from my phone. I keep getting an error msg. saying it's to large. How do I change to kb to fit here?

Never mind. I figured it out. I had to put it on Photobucket (which I hate to do) and then copy and pot the URL.
You're not the only one who hates it when people put images on photobucket. Just literally, everyone, delete photobucket from your collective memories. It's a steaming pile of horse $#*t.

For resizing images, I usually copy the photos to my PC and use photoshop or paint shop pro from the 90s. If you just have a phone, or don't want to mess with putting something on your PC, you can use an app.

I just went and tried a bunch of apps to find one that appears to not be pure garbage. No ads, no unnecessary permissions. The first one I found is for android and it's called Photo Resizer HD. https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...oresizerhd

I opened the app and tapped 'gallery'

[Image: 2yOccvD.jpg]

I selected an image I wanted to resize. Note the original size is over 9MB.

[Image: yjbHvzt.jpg]

Once it's opened the picture, I notice the original resolution, then tap the resize button.

[Image: lWeoI0O.jpg]

I like to choose the largest one that's reasonable. I like the first option. Both dimensions are under 2000 pixels, but there will still be enough detail if someone wants to zoom in.

[Image: 8BH3Sc9.jpg]

Now I can see the resolution of the opened pic has changed, but it needs to be saved. I click the circled icon.

[Image: Rx4N2aF.jpg]

The app creates its own folder, so no worries about the original image getting squashed. I can see the file is now much smaller.

[Image: 5IwfvSp.jpg]

Now that the image is saved, you need to upload it. I usually put my images on imgur, but there's also tinyimage.io. Tinyimage is as simple as it gets, and there's no ads, no propaganda on the front page. But perhaps too simple as there's no account, so deleting an image isn't an option. But here's the image I just resized hosted with tinyimage:

[Image: XBFV4AW.jpg]

You could upload to the forum, but I usually don't like that since forums sometimes change image policies. For example, Sawmill Creek now requires a paid membership to view hosted photos. Images I've posted there using imgur still work, or at least they did. They might figure out a way to change that.
One more thing, something to note about tinyimage.io is that while it randomizes the filename, it doesn't appear to re-encode the image, meaning original exif info(camera fingerprint, potentially GPS coordinates) is preserved. This could be a privacy issue for some, if you're worried about stuff like that. The image resize app I linked to appears to rip that stuff out, so not sure it's a huge issue. But its good to be aware.
I use Easy Thumbnails for pc. No idea if they have a phone app though as I don't use a phone for surfing/posting.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020