G055x lamp switch
I have a Grizzly G055X BS I bought in 2009. The switch on top of the bulb housing evidently worked loose and must have fallen to the floor where it was vacuumed up and disposed of.

I called Grizzly today...... no switch knob available for the lamp. Lamp is an integral part of the BS and is mounted and wired internally. The only option they have is a $67 lamp that would need to be bolted to the BS and then plugged into a separate wall socket. Not good.

Anyone have a source I could contact for just the switch knob?  

Thanks,

Jerry
(01-27-2020, 04:07 PM)budglo Wrote: I have a Grizzly G055X BS I bought in 2009. The switch on top of the bulb housing evidently worked loose and must have fallen to the floor where it was vacuumed up and disposed of.

I called Grizzly today...... no switch knob available for the lamp. Lamp is an integral part of the BS and is mounted and wired internally. The only option they have is a $67 lamp that would need to be bolted to the BS and then plugged into a separate wall socket. Not good.

Thanks,

Jerry

Have you checked at a hardware store, not a big box ?  you could look at the size and see if one from a different switch would work.   If it is just a twist on/off type should be easy to find something to work.  Roly
Are you talking about the little knob (usually black)?  If you do not find what you are looking for, get creative and surprise yourself.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(01-27-2020, 04:07 PM)budglo Wrote: Anyone have a source I could contact for just the switch knob?  

Thanks,

Jerry

[Image: 49454095517_7a8f6f14e0_z.jpg]

If your light looks like the one in the above picture then you can easily find a replacement socket with switch for a lot less than $67.   Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc..... all carry sockets like these.  You're sure to find one that matches the one on your bandsaw.

[Image: 49454095497_9ca38fae3a_z.jpg]

[Image: 49453861491_a650922390_z.jpg]
(01-27-2020, 04:07 PM)budglo Wrote: I have a Grizzly G055X BS I bought in 2009. The switch on top of the bulb housing evidently worked loose and must have fallen to the floor where it was vacuumed up and disposed of.

Thanks,

Jerry

Take the lamp to a electric supply store, they probably will install the switch in a few minutes for you. 
mike
I agree that the knob could be found at your local Ace, OSH or the like.  I took a piece of 5/8" dowel and drilled a hole in it and slipped it on a similar switch with a friction fit.  I did this temporarily many years ago; still ticking.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(01-30-2020, 01:20 PM)GeeDub Wrote: I agree that the knob could be found at your local Ace, OSH or the like.  I took a piece of 5/8" dowel and drilled a hole in it and slipped it on a similar switch with a friction fit.  I did this temporarily many years ago; still ticking.

Thank you folks for your advice. I will check at Ace for a complete socket that will fit into the bulb shroud. There are two within 10 miles. If that doesn't pan out, I will search for an elec supply house.

Ohio Mike...... YES, that's how my BS and light looks. Evidently the retainer threaded ring loosened and the knob fell off. The pic looks like my exact BS. Is it a G055X?

I now have places to look for solutions.

Thanks again,

Jerry
(01-30-2020, 03:52 PM)budglo Wrote: The pic looks like my exact BS. Is it a G055X?

Jerry

It's the G0555x.  I got the picture from the Grizzly website.

Mike