Walnut secretary desk completed
WOW what every one else has already said just beautiful
Well executed and a beautiful piece!  Congratulations!

How about some details?  Finish used and any progress pics?
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Gorgeous! You are a superb craftsman and just goes to show that perseverance pays off.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
This case is exquisite!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Oh wow.  Thanks for sharing.
That's beautiful Rick! Well done!
(01-31-2020, 01:41 AM)rick4212 Wrote: It took 6 months but I finally completed this 18th century  secretary desk. My first project with all hand cut dovetails. It was a fun but challenging project. Thanks for looking.
Rick

That is great!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Doesn't look challenging at all!

Eek
Eek 
Eek 
Eek 
Eek 
Eek  nicely done!
A beautiful piece. The figured, arched, door panel really draws the eye when the drop-front is lowered. The care in choosing the figure for the small drawer fronts is also center stage. Time well spent. glad to see the dovetails on display on the top-to-side connecting point. Some versions place a false top with a profile, which is fine but, I prefer the plain top. It is a double win; the dovetails get to be on display and the desk keeps its more utilitarian look which I prefer for these pieces. Your care, craftsmanship and patience are on display.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Very nice work indeed. Thanks for sharing!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me