No Adapter For Shopsmith to MT2?
Well I will say welcome back.  When you have a chance take some pictures and show us what you are doing.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I just had another thought. You could get a 4-jaw insert-style scroll chuck such as the Super Nova 2 that I have and a 5/8" straight shaft insert. Then you make a disk with OD to fit the chuck jaws and a concentric #2 Morse taper bored into it. Then you can use any MT2 tool in it. Amazon has a roughing and finishing reamer set for under $30.

I suspect the chuck will be more useful by itself.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(02-07-2020, 03:32 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: I just had another thought. You could get a 4-jaw insert-style scroll chuck such as the Super Nova 2 that I have and a 5/8" straight shaft insert.  Then you make a disk with OD to fit the chuck jaws and a concentric #2 Morse taper bored into it.  Then you can use any MT2 tool in it.  Amazon has a roughing and finishing reamer set for under $30.

I suspect the chuck will be more useful by itself.

https://www.rockler.com/nova-supernova-2-insert-chuck

OMGosh!!!!
Big eek This is not a cheap hobby, is it? Wow... lol... I'm going to have to hold off on that one for a minute. Thank you, though
Smile
Derek Tombrello
www.RobotsAndComputers.com
(02-09-2020, 12:06 AM)rebeltaz Wrote: This is not a cheap hobby, is it?

The simple solution that worked well for ShopSmith owners for many decades is a $30 spur drive, then learn to turn while holding the work between centers. Remember: If you can hold it, you can turn it. This hobby doesn't have to be expensive.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.