Deal Alert JET 1791331 Powermatic PM1250 Micro Dust Air Filtration System
Powermatic Air Filter for only $487.99. Normally $700

https://www.amazon.com/1791331-Powermati...uage=en_US
Must have been extremely short-lived....seems to be gone already. Came up at $700.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-02-2020, 06:44 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Must have been extremely short-lived....seems to be gone already. Came up at $700.

Deal is still active.  You have to select the seller as Amazon and then it shows the $487.99 price.
Gotcha, thanks! (17)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-01-2020, 09:44 PM)dog2bert Wrote: Powermatic Air Filter for only $487.99. Normally $700

https://www.amazon.com/1791331-Powermati...uage=en_US

$700.00 is a lot of money for a glorified fan.
Any takers on this deal?  I see that Jet/Powermatic is running a sale and this caught my eye.

it LOOKs like a pretty simple (and hugely overpriced) fan, but reviews seem pretty favorable.  Anyone with direct experience?
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
Highly recommend. I got one from the Amazon Warehouse for around that price and it was missing a bolt and the remote but otherwise it works amazingly well. You have to place it close to where you're working but it does the job! And the filter life is supposed to be astronomical. I've only run mine maybe 12 hours so far. Yes it's a glorified box fan...that weighs about 40 pounds and should last you decades
Wink [unpaid advertisement]

If I hadn't just bought a festool domino I'd jump all over buying another one of these
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(05-05-2020, 04:04 PM)FireWood Wrote: Any takers on this deal?  I see that Jet/Powermatic is running a sale and this caught my eye.

it LOOKs like a pretty simple (and hugely overpriced) fan, but reviews seem pretty favorable.  Anyone with direct experience?
I have one and use it quite often.  I keep it on a mobile Rockler base and move it around the shop where needed.  Especially nice when hand sanding parts.  I put it right next to me and you can see the dust literally being sucked into the fan.

Also, it is super quiet!  Even on high speed, you can barely hear it run.  Has 1, 2, 3 and 4 hour auto off feature, just in case you don't turn it off since you sort of forget it's running!

I'm happy with it for sure.

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV