Bessey K body Clamps for sale
(02-08-2020, 10:18 PM)Lumber Yard® Wrote: I bought a bulk case of red cloth hockey tape years ago. I use it for sporting stuff as well as in the shop. The stuff works awesome for things like clamp handles, etc. I have way more than I'll ever need, if anyone wants a few rolls let me know and we'll see how much shipping is. IIRC each roll is 1in by 75ft.

Yes. Awesome stuff. Doesn't get all gummy and stickie like black tape will in the heat.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I had a clamp with a jacked up wooden handle. I used plastidip in red. Works great.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(02-06-2020, 09:28 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Maybe new Revos but not Kbodies. Many folks like the kbody size and weight better.

Ok, well what is the difference?  I cannot find anything on the web that specifically states the differences between the two.  Nor can I find a picture of the two side by side.  From what I read the Revos seem to be bigger than the kbody.  Other than the wooden handles, which a lot of folks have said is a negative. (Just from my reading)  Maybe posing a picture of what this OP has would be helpful.
The Revos are way bigger than the original K bodies. The originals were sized appropriately for normal scale woodworking and were easy to handle even in longer lengths. The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints with 14,000,000 metric tons of force and in general are just big and bloated pieces of plastic crap.

Can you tell which ones I prefer? ??

(And in fairness I have 4 of the 96” Revos that I don’t curse everytime I use them)
-Marc

(02-09-2020, 09:35 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints with 14,000,000 metric tons of force and in general are just big and bloated pieces of plastic crap.

Laugh 

I've been looking for a new sig line.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have a mix of Revos and the original Besseys
The Revos are better in my opinion.
Better handle, and they are not really that much heavier.
The Revos have a larger foot which is nice when you clamp up a panel and stand them on edge.
I really don't understand the complaints about Revos, but everyone has their own preference.
And I used sports tape on my original bessey handles. It does help, but the Revo handle is much easier to use than even a taped up original wooden handle.  If someone was local, I would gladly trade my original bessy's for revos.. Not worth the hassle of shipping though
(02-08-2020, 10:18 PM)Lumber Yard® Wrote: I bought a bulk case of red cloth hockey tape years ago. I use it for sporting stuff as well as in the shop. The stuff works awesome for things like clamp handles, etc. I have way more than I'll ever need, if anyone wants a few rolls let me know and we'll see how much shipping is. IIRC each roll is 1in by 75ft.

Shipped out a few packages today and have a few more pending. I only have 4 or 5 rolls left if everyone follows through. I've been throwing (2) rolls into an envelope and folks have been paying $6ish to cover shipping and PP fees. Anyhow, I have a few more rolls I could pass along if anybody wants some. 
Yes

*** These are all spoken for. (If I've responded to your PM but you haven't sent payment yet, you are still good to go.)
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Thanks to Lumber Yard for the generosity. And a friendly bump for jeichelberger's clamp sale
Yes
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Prices reduced by $5 each
All of the clamps are in very good shape they are all the older style wood handles with the exception of the 24” long. I have the following
(20) 12” $30 each
(14) 24” $35 each
(13) 31” 40 each
(10) 40” $45 each
(5) 50” $50 each
Located in Berrien Springs Mi 49103
Sorry not sure how to post pictures with the ad
You're just north of my favorite motocross track there in Buchanan!

I first remember seeing the original K-Body's on the NYW with Norm!  I just had to have them!  Now I've got about 50 of them!

Love to have those original one's you have!  If you decide to come down a little more on price, maybe.....
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV