Possible Deal Alert....Nova Voyager Drill Press
Stopped by the Rockler in Indy yesterday and noticed their floor model of the Nova Voyager Drill Press was marked down to $1,299!  $400 off!

So needless to say, I got some money rounded up this morning and grabbed it!

One of the employees said it had been on the floor for a couple years.  There is some slight surface rust to clean off, but for $400 off, thought it was a good deal.

The manager just said they were told to clear that one off the floor.  Not sure if there is a new model coming or not.

Anyhow, if anyone is in the market for one, perhaps you should check your local Rockler....

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Nice score! Those are neat.
Very interested in your experience setting up the DP and using it.

I'm in the market for a new DP to replace my old HF DP.  As I was researching the Voyager, I came across reviews that complained of needed software updates and requirements of Windows 10 to do the upload.  Folks with Mac computers (like me) contacted Nova (Teknatool?) and got no satisfaction with software updates for the DP that could be accomplished with a Mac.

I don't think that has scared me off of the Voyager, but I'd have to figure out how to deal with it. 

At the price you paid, I think I would have jumped on it, and then figure out the software upload thing later.
I've had my Voyager for over a year now and really like it.  The only problem I've had is a chuck/arbor that won't stay seated.  They just sent me a replacement this week.  If that doesn't do it they have offered to send a replacement quill.  I had a Clausing before this and really debated whether to make the switch.  I'm glad I did.

Lonnie

PS I updated the firmware on mine using a Windows 7 PC. It's easy to do. You can take the front panel off and go to any PC and do it in a few minutes.
I've had one in my sights for some time now and would have jumped on that deal as well. Congrats!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-07-2020, 02:40 PM)KLaz Wrote: So needless to say, I got some money rounded up this morning and grabbed it!

Now that it is used I will pay you $500. 
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Got to say, I'm pretty impressed with the drill press.  

The firmware update was simple.  Yes, I'm using a PC with Windows 10 so no issues there.  Sorry Mac users....

Took some trial runs on it and went through the various options for depth drilling, auto start and running a variety of bits through it.  Power is smooth and I like the fact it senses when it needs to provide a little more torque when needed.  

This replaced my Powermatic PM2800.  I had zero issues with the PM, just couldn't pass up the deal on the Nova.  So if anyone is in the market for a Powermatic, let me know 
Winkgrin

I still have to add my custom table and fence from my PM on it, but other than that I'm happy with the purchase.

I suppose if I had to have one small gripe would be the addition of an LED light.  I'm using a Beacon light here from Woodturners Wonders.  Again, very minor detail.  

Any questions, let me know....

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
I’ve tried a few lights for the Voyager. My current one is a rechargeable bicycle light, which looks to be here to stay. Attached with a rare earth magnet ...

[Image: bike-light1a.jpg]

[Image: bike-light2a.jpg]

Also added a Wixey laser, which has been very handy ....

[Image: Wixey1.jpg]

[Image: Wixey2.jpg]

[Image: Wixey3.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Good idea Derek!  

Got use the DP more last night and man I love this machine.