Oil or shellac on assembly table?
Been using BLO and paste wax as my go-to for workbench and assembly surfaces for 15 years. Glue pops right off. Wax gets refreshed every year or so.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

I really don't want wax on an assembly table that I'm assembling something of bare wood on.
Say a cabinet box. Sliding it around to turn it over. Maybe some of that wax sticks on a cabinet grade cab side that shows, and after finishing you have this mystery spot on the side of your cabinet.
You never know. If I want a slick surface, I'll use laminate.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-07-2020, 11:54 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I built an outfeed/assembly table.  Top is BB plywood.  To make glue stick less, what should I put on it?  I'm thinking BLO.

I've always preferred paste wax.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Howie used to say that film finishes were no good on workbenches. Once the film is cracked, the protection is lost. His favorite was 1/3 turps, 1/3 blo and 1/3 beeswax applied in as many coats as the material will take. Wipe off any excess. Not sure if an outfeed/assembly table is a workbench, although I would classify it as such.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(02-09-2020, 09:42 PM)cputnam Wrote: Howie used to say that film finishes were no good on workbenches.  Once the film is cracked, the protection is lost.  His favorite was 1/3 turps, 1/3 blo and 1/3 beeswax applied in as many coats as the material will take.  Wipe off any excess.  Not sure if an outfeed/assembly table is a workbench, although I would classify it as such.

BTW, is Howie still around?

Doug
He never made it past the software switch. Other than that, I know nothing about his well being.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard