Handtools: Crispy Planes; #4 and #9 1/4
Ok, hit an estate sale on Friday, and along with some decent handsaws, picked up these two very crispy planes.

As you might know, I don't have paypal or any other EFT technology, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are just fine. I ship when I get your mail, and PM you with delivery estimate and USPS tracking. First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your name and address so I can print out shipping labels and quote postage. All prices are plus shipping.

Each of these planes has been disassembled, checked for damage, cleaned, setup properly and each has a sharp iron; additional honing of the irons will only improve performance. Each has been tested and pull shavings just like they should. Multiple pics of each plane can be seen in this Flickr album, link:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...3028518843

The #4 is in excellent condition, 99.9% japanning, all original, no defects in the plane, 100% mechanically; rosewood tote and knob are solid. Nothing bad with this plane, only apology is some loss of nickle on the lever cap, check out the pics and in flickr you can enlarge them. Very nice and crispy smoother, great user sharp and ready for wood. Pulls full width shavings as you can see. Yours for $60 due to condition.  Teaser pic:  
[Image: 49506736803_9f4c5baabe_b.jpg]

The same pretty much goes for the 9 1/4 block, excellent condition, 99% japanning, 100% mechanically. Performs as it was intended, check the pics. Zero apologies. Yours for $25. Teaser Pic:
[Image: 49507462942_22f8461e25_b.jpg]

You can take both for $80, saves me a trip to the post office. Both will fit in a priority mail medium flat rate box to anywhere in the USA for $15.05.

Nice planes that work well and which I would own myself.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-08-2020, 04:39 PM)Admiral Wrote: Ok, hit an estate sale on Friday, and along with some decent handsaws, picked up these two very crispy planes.

As you might know, I don't have paypal or any other EFT technology, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are just fine. I ship when I get your mail, and PM you with delivery estimate and USPS tracking. First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your name and address so I can print out shipping labels and quote postage. All prices are plus shipping.

Each of these planes has been disassembled, checked for damage, cleaned, setup properly and each has a sharp iron; additional honing of the irons will only improve performance. Each has been tested and pull shavings just like they should. Multiple pics of each plane can be seen in this Flickr album, link:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...3028518843

The #4 is in excellent condition, 99.9% japanning, all original, no defects in the plane, 100% mechanically; rosewood tote and knob are solid. Nothing bad with this plane, only apology is some loss of nickle on the lever cap, check out the pics and in flickr you can enlarge them. Very nice and crispy smoother, great user sharp and ready for wood. Pulls full width shavings as you can see. Yours for $60 due to condition.  Teaser pic:  
[Image: 49506736803_9f4c5baabe_b.jpg]

The same pretty much goes for the 9 1/4 block, excellent condition, 99% japanning, 100% mechanically. Performs as it was intended, check the pics. Zero apologies. Yours for $25. Teaser Pic:
[Image: 49507462942_22f8461e25_b.jpg]

You can take both for $80, saves me a trip to the post office. Both will fit in a priority mail medium flat rate box to anywhere in the USA for $15.05.

Nice planes that work well and which I would own myself.

Thanks for looking.

PM sent
Planes are sold. Thanks to all for looking.
(02-08-2020, 06:47 PM)Admiral Wrote: Planes are sold.  Thanks to all for looking.

Cool

I was studying on the 9-1/4. That's a very very nice one.
Yes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Dand Admiral where do you get that trick wood
Wink 
Where can I get me a "Bench Stick" like you have Rich?

Wink
(02-09-2020, 09:57 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: Where can I get me a "Bench Stick" like you have Rich?

Wink

Ha, ha.... rather than a hammer, I use a scrap piece of cherry to tap my irons as opposed to using the lateral adjuster, which I find to be too coarse an adjustment.  I marked it so I wouldn't throw it out.....
I was going to tell you that I think Bruce was wanting one.  To late now.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-09-2020, 08:59 AM)med-one Wrote: Dand Admiral where do you get that trick wood

It's a secret, I pay plenty for wood that shaves like this...... ha ha.
(02-09-2020, 05:45 PM)Admiral Wrote: Ha, ha.... rather than a hammer, I use a scrap piece of cherry to tap my irons as opposed to using the lateral adjuster, which I find to be too coarse an adjustment.  I marked it so I wouldn't throw it out.....

Wow I had to go back and squint at the pictures to find this mystical bench stick
Laugh
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]