If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it
and willing to mail it off I sure would love to have it.

Pieces from 3/4" up to 12/4 and wider then 2" would be most helpful for the glue ups that needs to be done.

Sorry I do not have the funds to pay in shipping just to be up front.
Thanks
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I sent you a private message. Let me know if that will work for ya.
Thanks Robin

Sent a PM back on his lack of business.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(02-09-2020, 07:41 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: and willing to mail it off I sure would love to have it.

Pieces from 3/4" up to 12/4 and wider then 2" would be most helpful for the glue ups that needs to be done.

Sorry I do not have the funds to pay in shipping just to be up front.
Thanks

Arlin,

I will be heading to Des Moines in mid June. Let me know if you still need wood scraps and perhaps we can meet up.
(02-10-2020, 11:00 AM)castguy2003 Wrote: Arlin,

I will be heading to Des Moines in mid June. Let me know if you still need wood scraps and perhaps we can meet up.

We could Always use wood scraps.

Here are a few examples of what we want to do.  One of my older vet friends make stuff like this for Beads of Courage boxes for the kids

Enjoy seeing what things I do like this.
Arlin:

You might want to check with a Lowes store, if you have one locally. They just donated a batch of lumber to a local group that builds houses for disabled veterans. They might be willing to provide you with cutoffs and scrap wood.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
Ditto on 5thumbs' advice. Lowes was generous to me with their cull lumber which I used to make Christmas toys that got donated to a womens' shelter.
Some good replies which reminds me several years ago a local contractor was building a new home in my neighborhood and they threw all 2 x’s cutoffs in a pile for me for my backyard fire pit.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
Arlin,
Check with local builders for their cutoffs and scraps. Got to believe they’d love helping you.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
I will call Lowes to check it out.  It is  miles from our house so calling is best first
Yes .