WHOOHOO AAW turning of the week
Again!! The recognition is nice

Attached Files Image(s)

If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Just wondering here.  Have you ever thought of just dying within the spalting lines and do the colors with them?  Kind of like staying within the line kind of thing.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Beautiful piece. Great wood and finished to show it off.
(02-12-2020, 04:57 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Just wondering here.  Have you ever thought of just dying within the spalting lines and do the colors with them?  Kind of like staying within the line kind of thing.

I do not control the dye, the dye has a mind of it's own. But it does tend to follow the spalt lines

Attached Files Image(s)

If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Well deserved recognition!
(02-13-2020, 04:31 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Well deserved recognition!

+1 and a very nicely done turning
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(02-13-2020, 04:31 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Well deserved recognition!

Frank nailed it!

Well done!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Neat-O!
VH07V  
(02-12-2020, 01:44 PM)Congratulations Anthony!! Wrote: Again!! The recognition is nice
Quote:Turning of the Week

4.5" diameter
Cactus juice and dye

If I am not mistaken, this one from the AAW 4/30 email is yet another one for Yak.

Congratulations!
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.