Flat stock woodworking just like woodturning.
Never, never, ever take that final little tiny finish cut.  Learned that today on a bandsaw box quarter rounding the drawer. 
Upset
Upset
Crazy
Angry
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Can you elaborate? I'm constantly learning(and forgetting) so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
(02-12-2020, 06:40 PM)Robin Dobbie Wrote: Can you elaborate? I'm constantly learning(and forgetting) so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

The instructions I’ve seen on bandsaw boxes recommended that you should round over the front of your drawers and the drawer opening on the case.  The works great when the thickness of the wood is at least 3/8”, but the instructions didn't note that. I discovered that today on a drawer front 3/16” thick.  

I’m debating cutting the front off the drawer and replacing it with a thicker front.
Jim

There is a good chance
Well yeah I like a rounded-over front. The radius of the roundover is limited by the thickness of the workpiece, sure. I've seen roundover bits with as little as 1/16" radius. Although that's more like controlled breaking of the edge, rather than "rounding", I suppose.
So many negative events are followed by "that last little thing" that we do. Learning when to say when just comes with experience (and sometimes not even then). Its hard to say whether more boo-boos are followed immediately after saying "one last thing" or "here, hold my beer". It would be a close contest.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

I have to learn from the mistakes of others because I don't have the time to make them all myself.
(02-13-2020, 07:36 PM)bhh Wrote: I have to learn from the mistakes of others because I don't have the time to make them all myself.

I’m retired I have the time to make them all. 

I’ll put this one in the “I need more smaller round over bits category”. Until then thinner pieces will get hand sanding to round them over.
Jim

There is a good chance
(02-12-2020, 08:15 PM)stoppy Wrote: The instructions I’ve seen on bandsaw boxes recommended that you should round over the front of your drawers and the drawer opening on the case.  The works great when the thickness of the wood is at least 3/8”, but the instructions didn't note that. I discovered that today on a drawer front 3/16” thick.  

I’m debating cutting the front off the drawer and replacing it with a thicker front.

Can you trim the front enough to add a narrow edging? That would let you keep the grain continuity of a bandsaw box while looking like it is a deliberate accent (which it will be by the time that you finish
Winkgrin  )

I remember someone saying something along the line of:
true woodworking masters are those whose mistakes you never see when they are done.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.