hidden hinge options?
I wonder how well the SOSS hinges would hold in MDF?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The soss hinges do require depth.  That's not a problem on the cabinet side but for the door, may need to add a piece to the back to allow for more depth.

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-15-2020, 03:43 PM)mound Wrote: My doors will actually be 7/8"..  3/4" MDF with 1/16" veneer on both sides..

Since your doors will be made from MDF , add 3/4" x 1" to the hinge side and remove 1" from the handle side. This will assure the hinge whether barrel or Soss  will not work loose or even break out the side. This is the one place biscuits come in handy. Make sure biscuits do not line up with the  mortise or bore.
mike
(02-15-2020, 05:37 PM)mike4244 Wrote: Since your doors will be made from MDF , add 3/4" x 1" to the hinge side and remove 1" from the handle side. This will assure the hinge whether barrel or Soss  will not work loose or even break out the side. This is the one place biscuits come in handy. Make sure biscuits do not line up with the  mortise or bore.
mike

Yah I should clarify, MDF but a full 1" of solid wood edge banding under the veneer, specifically to support the hinge and corners.