hidden hinge options?
What do you all recommend for a hinge that can go open and closed as described by these images, but remain completely hidden when closed? For a "door" on a TV console roughy 41" x 10" ?

Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

"but remain completely hidden when closed"
I have no knowledge of such a hinge.  The "knife hinge" would show very little and is often used is in similar cases.  I suppose it would be possible to move the hinge "inward" enough that it would not show from the front, but it would show from the side.

If the top and bottom were flush or proud of the front, you could use pivots.

Interesting question, hope someone comes up with the perfect hinge for you.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
You might look into a SOSS hinge.

SOSS hinge
Just saw a YouTube on the Tiomos Flap Hinge by Grass Movement.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
The SOSS hinges are just for this kind of application.   They have a load table to help you decide which size and how many. They are nice and can handle heavy loads.  
I used them for a maple slab door on an armoire.  They worked great.
DANG! I had not seen the Tiomos flap hinges before, I could've used them just a few months ago. I'll have to keep those in mind. To the OP, give them a look along with the SOSS hinges.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-15-2020, 12:02 PM)J-W-P Wrote: The SOSS hinges are just for this kind of application.   They have a load table to help you decide which size and how many. They are nice and can handle heavy loads.  
I used them for a maple slab door on an armoire.  They worked great.

Wow how did I miss these. They do look perfect.. Are the hard to install?
(02-15-2020, 01:49 PM)mound Wrote: Wow how did I miss these. They do look perfect.. Are the hard to install?

Not hard to install. With small doors you can bore the top and bottom  to correct depth, then chisel the rest out. If you have lots of these to install a router with a shop made jig will rout the mortise quickly. Soss hinges are perfect for your doors. An alternative if your doors are 7/8" thick and probably light in weight is barrel hinges also made by Soss. I have installed cabinets with barrel hinges but not installed the hinges myself. 
Looked to me like the easiest hinge to install, only need to bore one hole in the door edge and the cabinet frame per hinge
mike
Not hard, but careful measuring is necessary.  They come with a layout template.  They require routing a recess with two depths.
It's a pretty solid hinge.

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-15-2020, 02:24 PM)mike4244 Wrote: Not hard to install. With small doors you can bore the top and bottom  to correct depth, then chisel the rest out. If you have lots of these to install a router with a shop made jig will rout the mortise quickly. Soss hinges are perfect for your doors. An alternative if your doors are 7/8" thick and probably light in weight is barrel hinges also made by Soss. I have installed cabinets with barrel hinges but not installed the hinges myself. 
Looked to me like the easiest hinge to install, only need to bore one hole in the door edge and the cabinet frame per hinge
mike

My doors will actually be 7/8"..  3/4" MDF with 1/16" veneer on both sides..