Cherry
Can someone advise a good, online source for cherry plywood and/or cherry veneer? Need pieces (rough) 24" X 24", and I would first prefer plywood, but may use this to learn veneering.

Thanks in advance!

T.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
You didn’t state plywood thickness but depending where you live, most Menards have 1/4” cherry veneer ply in stock and you can order thicker material. 
You can also order cherry veneer ply from Home Depot, it’s usually Columbia Forest Products which is good stuff. If you don’t see it online, go to the pro desk to order. If the “pro” says they don’t have it or can’t find it, go to another pro, it’s available, they just have to find it.
Whoever you order from (Menards or HD), have them ship it to your local store for pickup, that will save you a bundle of money on shipping costs. 
Don’t waste your time at Lowe’s, they don’t have it and generally don’t have a clue.
(02-16-2020, 04:10 PM)wpwoodworker Wrote: You didn’t state plywood thickness but depending where you live, most Menards have 1/4” cherry veneer ply in stock and you can order thicker material. 
You can also order cherry veneer ply from Home Depot, it’s usually Columbia Forest Products which is good stuff. If you don’t see it online, go to the pro desk to order. If the “pro” says they don’t have it or can’t find it, go to another pro, it’s available, they just have to find it.
Whoever you order from (Menards or HD), have them ship it to your local store for pickup, that will save you a bundle of money on shipping costs. 
Don’t waste your time at Lowe’s, they don’t have it and generally don’t have a clue.

Thanks-want 3/4". Will check out HD.
www.metaltech-pm.com
Certainly Wood in western NY will have whatever veneer you need.  Great selection; great service.  

I order cherry plywood, or MDF core, from my local full service lumber yard.  

John
(02-16-2020, 02:06 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Can someone advise a good, online source for cherry plywood and/or cherry veneer?  Need pieces (rough) 24" X 24", and I would first prefer plywood, but may use this to learn veneering.

Thanks in advance!

T.

When I built one of my vanities, the front was all cherry stock, and I wanted to use cherry plywood for the side.

I bought a piece from Rockler, and the quality was first rate.

Yes

https://www.rockler.com/24-x-48-cherry-plywood
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I bet a local cabinet maker near you—even a total stranger—would let you piggyback on one of his orders.
Those folks are usually friendly and helpful.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I've used a bunch of veneers from Woodworkers supply with great results.
https://woodworker.com/2-x-8-polylam-ald...56-299.asp
Thanks all! Got enough suggestions to pick from!
www.metaltech-pm.com
some local lumber yards will have some. I know one semi local lumber yard carries several different types of hardwood ply
(02-16-2020, 02:06 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Can someone advise a good, online source for cherry plywood and/or cherry veneer?  Need pieces (rough) 24" X 24", and I would first prefer plywood, but may use this to learn veneering.

Thanks in advance!

T.

Does Brookville Wood products carry hardwood ply or veneers?
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?