Old, Old member
John, you are my hero!!!!!!!!!

I designed a 52" round dinning table with a three column pedestal on a smallish base.  Many here thought it would tip easily.  You were the only one who said go for it.  Our daughter has three kids.  In 12 years the table has not tipped one time. 

IIRC your last build post was a steering wheel for a red Model T.

Welcome back.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Welcome back John. I was not a member when you were more active in the past. I recently just started down the road of woodworking and have been slowly acquiring different tools. I still have plenty of basics that I need to get. I look forward to learning all that I can from the old timers here. Also congratulations on the retirement
Welcome back. Looking forward to your next project.
Welcome back! Glad to hear all is well. Look forward to hearing more from you. This place was poorer without your projects and knowledge.
-Marc

I remember that steering wheel project, too, as well as many others, all of amazing quality.  I've wondered what you've been up to since you stopped posting here, and like many others am looking forward to seeing your new creations and always helpful advise.  Welcome back.

John
Thanks for the welcome back, everybody.

I have a lot of work to do before even beginning to build the new shop, so I'll be checking in to see what you folks are making.  It will be a while before I'm actually back to making sawdust again.

I let my website die and didn't renew it which means I probably lost all my old project post threads.  I've searched around, including here and found some of the old threads. The text portions of those old threads are around, but the pictures are gone.

Oh Well.

Thanks again,
(02-17-2020, 10:53 AM)John Fry Wrote: Thanks for the welcome back, everybody.

I have a lot of work to do before even beginning to build the new shop, so I'll be checking in to see what you folks are making.  It will be a while before I'm actually back to making sawdust again.

I let my website die and didn't renew it which means I probably lost all my old project post threads.  I've searched around, including here and found some of the old threads. The  text portions  of those old threads are around, but the pictures are gone.

Oh Well.

Thanks again,

The internet never forgets!

https://web.archive.org/web/201610121624...allery.htm
(02-17-2020, 11:30 AM)mound Wrote: The internet never forgets!

https://web.archive.org/web/201610121624...allery.htm

All right Mound!

Thank you, Thank you!  Now I can go back, click on the details and remember how I did some of this stuff!  
Laugh
John

Chisel And Bit
Custom Crafted Furniture
john626fry@gmail.com

Welcome back John.  You are a lot closer to me now then Cali and if you are ever close to me please stop in and say HI,
I always loved your work.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I can only speak for myself, but we always need more people here, especially ones as talented as you. Welcome back!