Old, Old member
A blast from the past! I absolutely loved your project posts especially the set of dinning room chairs you made. I remember you taking some heat on the leopard skin arm chair, but I really loved that chair and the details of the carving and finish applied.

Glad your back and can't wait to see your future project posts.
Great to hear from you again John! Just to jump in, how about doing a shop build-along, I think the Mikiespace thread is the longest and longest running in Woodnet history. So, shop build threads will have much interest. Still messing with horses?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Welcome Home John!  Time really flies but there are still a lot of guys from the early days of Woodnet.  Great to have you back.

Lonnie
I always looked forward to your work and then suddenly you vanished.  Glad to see you found your way back.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Thanks again.

My wife still has one horse, but we moved from 20 acres to 1 1/4 acres, so we’re boarding the horse at a nearby facility. I’ll need to build another chicken coop (love the fresh eggs) but no more goats this time!

I will definitely do a shop build post. I’m looking at a 30’ x 50’ building. That will be a 30’ x 40’ shop with a 10’ x 30’ lumber storage in the back section, I still have a lot of exotics in a storage locker and need to get it hauled over here.

I’m working on plans and permits right now and will start looking for a builder the minute I get size and design approved.

I’m excited, to say the least.
John

Chisel And Bit
Custom Crafted Furniture
john626fry@gmail.com

Great to see you back here John! Your work always inspired me and I look forward to seeing more of your work once you get your shop built.
Great to see you back here again John - Your projects were always inspiring and the detail you posted was appreciated.
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
John! Welcome back! I used to live down the road from you in Lancaster. I moved to Central Florida in 2018. I always enjoyed your projects. There's been a fair amount of attrition in WN. Partially hurt feelings, partially folks moving on to other hobbies, and partially fallout from when they changed the software application that runs the forum. But there is still a core of longer-term members. I'm looking forward to you posting more eye candy. Hope you didn't divest too much of your shop.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
For those who are unfamiliar with John Fry, click on this link in his signature and look at some of his stuff.  World class, top notch quality woodworking.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(02-18-2020, 03:22 PM)AHill Wrote: For those who are unfamiliar with John Fry, click on this link in his signature and look at some of his stuff.  World class, top notch quality woodworking.

Hi Allan,

Lancaster CA to Florida Huh?  I went Acton CA to Southern Colorado.

My old website link is no longer active, But mound found this link for me so if anyone wants to look at some of my old work here it is.

https://web.archive.org/web/201610121624...allery.htm

The "process" links still work if you click on the detail buttons for each piece.  I have to say, I just went through them for the first time in a long time. I forgot how I did some of that stuff..
Laugh
Laugh

John
John

Chisel And Bit
Custom Crafted Furniture
john626fry@gmail.com