Old, Old member
(02-17-2020, 12:24 AM)John Fry Wrote: Hi everybody,

My name is John Fry.  I used to be active here a long time ago and thought I'd just check in to see what is going on in the Woodnet world.

I haven't been to active for the last six years or so, but I recently retired from another business and have moved to Southern Colorado. I'm going to build a new shop and get back in the woodworking game if I still remember how to do this stuff.  I still have every piece of equipment and spent a boat load of money moving everything from CA.

I hope to be checking in often now and see what is going on with all the new Woodnet people, all the new talent, and maybe there is even a couple of old timers here that I still know.

John A. Fry
formerly Chisel and Bit Custom Furniture

Glad your back, I have not spent to much time on here but that has to change, good place to be, welcome back
Smile
Professional at making sawdust!!!!
Great to see you back John. I remember learning so much from your posts when I first started woodworking.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
Glad to see you back John. I wondered what happen to you. This Forum has not been the same since you left. 

Smirk
Simper Fi
We Must Never Forget Who Started this War or How We Felt as We Witnessed the

Horrors of 9-11-2001.
(02-18-2020, 07:42 AM)John Fry Wrote: Thanks again.

My wife still has one horse, but we moved from 20 acres to 1 1/4 acres, so we’re boarding the horse at a nearby facility. I’ll need to build another chicken coop (love the fresh eggs) but no more goats this time!

I will definitely do a shop build post. I’m looking at a 30’ x 50’ building. That will be a 30’ x 40’ shop with a 10’ x 30’ lumber storage in the back section,  I still have a lot of exotics in a storage locker and need to get it hauled over here.

I’m working on plans and permits right now and will start looking for a builder the minute I get size and design approved.

I’m excited, to say the least.

Where's your place at in CO? We have a place in Westcliffe and hope to get a house started there in a month or so.
We are in Southern Colorado's Pueblo West in the Liberty Point area.  It's beautiful, we over look the Arkansas River. I downsized from 20 acres to just over 1 acre.  We've got plenty of room my new shop.
John

Chisel And Bit
Custom Crafted Furniture
john626fry@gmail.com

Welcome back John. I was always in awe of your work.
Welcome back John
I learned lots from some of your original posts.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(02-20-2020, 04:05 PM)John Fry Wrote: We are in Southern Colorado's Pueblo West in the Liberty Point area.  It's beautiful, we over look the Arkansas River. 

Another "Welcome back, John!"
Big Grin

I remember going to swim meets in Pueblo West as a kid when all there was was a brick sign announcing you were entering Pueblo West and a rec center with a pool...
Yes I've got a couple aunts & uncles living there now - they're all retired, too...
Winkgrin 

Looking forward to the shop build! Maybe I'll touch base next I'm back and see if you're available for a beverage...
Laugh 

I really am looking forward to seeing your posts again! Your projects were always amazing.

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Wow!
Welcome back, I really missed your project posts.

I was one of the Woodnet forum guys that met you at the Gamble House for the “Behind the velvet rope tour”. That was quite a memorable day for me even though our docent was a Chef and not the woodworker we had expected. I had thought about inviting myself to visit you at your shop but I probably would have drooled all over your tools!

I’m retired now too and no longer have to commute the hour plus over the “Crest”.

I look forward to your posts, I consider you one of the “Great Woodworkers” and consider us lucky to have you here.

Dave
When you don’t get what you want, you get experience!
Pueblo area of Southern Colorado! I went to college in Golden (Colorado School of Mines). My best friend in college was from Fountain (between Pueblo and Colorado Springs). His dad called it the Banana Belt. Colorado is a beautiful state. I never got tired looking at the mountains. That's one thing we miss here in Florida. But I don't miss dust storms, earthquakes, and wildfires. Oh, and the taxes.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill