Pegboard Hook Locks
At one time these little spring loaded locks came with pegboard hooks. Does anyone know if they are still available ?

Thanks, Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

The plastic ones work well.  I get these at Lowes.

[Image: 51hBoESTU6L._AC_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(02-19-2020, 02:56 PM)Cooler Wrote: The plastic ones work well.  I get these at Lowes.

Dayumn!! I have looked all over creation for those things--I was searching with the wrong name. Just ordered 50 from Amazoo for $9 delivered.

Many thanks!!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
These are my go to peg board hooks now......

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
just lift hook and put a dab of silicon caulking behind hook and set hook back down let dry . holds great
(02-19-2020, 12:03 PM)wjt Wrote: At one time these little spring loaded locks came with pegboard hooks. Does anyone know if they are still available ?

Thanks, Bill

From the responses I got it seems these little spring loaded retainers are no longer available.

Bill
(02-20-2020, 09:42 AM)wjt Wrote: From the responses I got it seems these little spring loaded retainers are no longer available.

Bill

I suspect that the plastic ones are cheaper and work as well and drove them out of business.

You can re-use these a few times, but the barbs will get damaged over time.  Cheap enough so that I just toss them.

I have a rolling cart with peg board sides that I can access from both sides of the board.  I use zip ties for that application as I can get around to the back.  Always use the black ones.  They are UV resistant and will be less likely to crack with age.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(02-20-2020, 09:53 AM)Cooler Wrote: I suspect that the plastic ones are cheaper and work as well and drove them out of business.

You can re-use these a few times, but the barbs will get damaged over time.  Cheap enough so that I just toss them.

I have a rolling cart with peg board sides that I can access from both sides of the board.  I use zip ties for that application as I can get around to the back.  Always use the black ones.  They are UV resistant and will be less likely to crack with age.

Cooler:

I have used the black ones for several years and find them a little undersized for the 1/4" hooks (even though the box says they fit). For 1/8" hooks they fit nicely. I have used zip ties but a bit tricky as I do not have access to the backside of the pegboard.

I seen this video on bending the barbed tips of the black hook locks to a more acute angle and it works. I used a low setting on a heat gun for 10 seconds instead of the open flame and got the same results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJTjt95Zx-o

Bill
Lots of better solutions to the pegboard problems that led many folks to hate them. I use the Talon pegs where I have 1/4" board and good quality metal ones on the 1/8" board. I find it very useful to be able to re-arrange as new tools arrive or favorites change places with the one in less handy locations. I too use ty-wraps and have become embarrassingly skilled at bending a U shape in them to thread them through pegboard that I can't reach from the rear.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

I've done this for years and have a technique that only takes a short time to do. It's not great if you move the hooks a lot. But, if you keep them in place, the method is very secure. If anyone is interested, I can show the steps.