Lie Nielsen shooting plane for sale
(02-20-2020, 04:49 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Lets see how this goes......

Up for sale is a Lie Nielsen shooting plane.
Price is $350. Condition is good. Reason I'm not saying excellent is there are some spots of discoloration on the base. Otherwise, I've used it very little.
Still in its original box.
Only bad part about this is I'm in Hawaii and shipping will be higher than in the CONUS. Purchaser is responsible for shipping and insurance from ZIP code 96720, Hilo.

Payment via PayPal.

Hi,

is this still for sale?  thanks in advance.
PM sent. This plane is sold.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
I can only feel sympathy for the OP, living in Hawaii...it's the price you pay to live there.

I have shipped a lot of tools around the globe over the past 10 years and it's always the people in Hawaii and Australia upset because it cost more to ship to their country. Australia is the worst, the P.O. is the worst to deal with and the good majority of seller will not even ship to Oz. Oz has high duties on most imported products going into Oz, and the people are always getting irate with American sellers as their own country makes it so difficult. Hawaii is fairly mundane in comparison, but it does cost more for shipping, flat rate and bulk. The product has to get 2000 miles to get to the mainland after all.

These are great planes, I don't have one and would like one, but I can wait...I have plenty of tools and can use other planes on my shooting boards. This is a great tool to have when you need it, but it's a steep price to pay for something I don't do all the time.

Good luck with your sale, looks to be in XLNT condition. LN makes tools that will last your lifetime and then some...if anyone does live in Hawaii, it's a great deal!
Winkgrin
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
(04-24-2022, 02:38 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: I can only feel sympathy for the OP, living in Hawaii...it's the price you pay to live there.

I have shipped a lot of tools around the globe over the past 10 years and it's always the people in Hawaii and Australia upset because it cost more to ***** to their country. Australia is the worst, the P.O. is the worst to deal with and the good majority of seller will not even ***** to Oz. Oz has high duties on most imported products going into Oz, and the people are always getting irate with American sellers as their own country makes it so difficult. Hawaii is fairly mundane in comparison, but it does cost more for shipping, flat rate and bulk. The product has to get 2000 miles to get to the mainland after all.

These are great planes, I don't have one and would like one, but I can wait...I have plenty of tools and can use other planes on my shooting boards. This is a great tool to have when you need it, but it's a steep price to pay for something I don't do all the time.

Good luck with your sale, looks to be in XLNT condition. LN makes tools that will last your lifetime and then some...if anyone does live in Hawaii, it's a great deal!
Winkgrin

actually, flat rate boxes are the same price, at least last time I looked.  I ship to HI fairly frequently.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-24-2022, 02:38 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: I can only feel sympathy for the OP, living in Hawaii...it's the price you pay to live there.

I have shipped a lot of tools around the globe over the past 10 years and it's always the people in Hawaii and Australia upset because it cost more to ***** to their country. Australia is the worst, the P.O. is the worst to deal with and the good majority of seller will not even ***** to Oz. Oz has high duties on most imported products going into Oz, and the people are always getting irate with American sellers as their own country makes it so difficult. Hawaii is fairly mundane in comparison, but it does cost more for shipping, flat rate and bulk. The product has to get 2000 miles to get to the mainland after all.

Winkgrin

I don't this this plane would fit in one, but actually, flat rate boxes are the same price, at least last time I looked.  I ship to HI fairly frequently.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-22-2022, 02:39 PM)Mainelywoodworking Wrote: Back in stock as of this message. Don’t know how many.

Really? It says out of stock only 2 days later. They sold out that fast AGAIN? 
Upset

Attached Files Image(s)

Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(04-24-2022, 06:27 PM)Admiral Wrote: I don't this this plane would fit in one, but actually, flat rate boxes are the same price, at least last time I looked.  I ***** to HI fairly frequently.

As a frequent recipient of many of Admiral's offerings, I can vouch for that!

Earl
I live in Henderson (Las Vegas) now so shipping was about half.
VH07V  
(04-24-2022, 06:27 PM)Admiral Wrote: I don't this this plane would fit in one, but actually, flat rate boxes are the same price, at least last time I looked.  I ***** to HI fairly frequently.
They must have changed that as it was more to ship to both Alaska and Hawaii even about 5 years ago. I don't ship much stuff to those places, but it was Oz that gave me the most grief, just the customs and duties are ridiculous. Germany is very difficult also, but as long as DHL is used it's slow, but will get here.

I probably keep up on shipping as much as I should. There was someone quoting $50 for shipping in this thread, that's more than I would pay and flat rate is less than $20 for US Domestic.

I do also send flat rate to Japan, and it costs more than US flat rate, that I can say for certain.
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.