Latest trend in kitchen cabinetry
This article on Realtor dot com says the cool trend in kitchen cabinets is refinishing existing cabinets with pastel-colored paint, mushroom gray paint or doing a lime-washed finish.  Presumably brand new cabinetry in these same colors would excite prospective buyers just as much.

https://www.realtor.com/advice/home-impr...ry-trends/
My wife wants hers in milkpaint
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I'll pass on the pastels thanks.  

My wife watches all the design shows and I have seen a lot of the chalk looking paint on cabinets there.  White or wood are my preferences.
(02-21-2020, 10:50 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: This article on Realtor dot com says the cool trend in kitchen cabinets is refinishing existing cabinets with pastel-colored paint, mushroom gray paint or doing a lime-washed finish.  Presumably brand new cabinetry in these same colors would excite prospective buyers just as much.

https://www.realtor.com/advice/home-impr...ry-trends/
Bell bottom pants. 

This will be a fashion for 3 to 5 years.  You will be able to carbon-date the kitchen build by looking at this style.  Luckily the wall  paint is easily changed.

Grey cabinets was/is a trend too.  I think that will carbon-date also.

I used to be a portrait photographer.  People would look at old portraits from the late 1960s and they would ignore the faces and say only, "Bell  bottoms?  You wore those?"

I predict the same reaction to this fashion trend in 10 years.  Luckily cabinets only last about 20 years so not a big deal.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
To my eye I like the knotty hickory cabinets of those shown. Wood cabinets have always been favorite. Now what would make a place sell a little faster? Everyone has a different liking. I think a functioning well laid out kitchen is more important.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Can't be. From what I see in the w'dworking magazines and on other w'dworking sites, I thought the latest and great cabinet and furniture trend just has to have live wood edges and multi-colored epoxy cascading over the edge(s)....
(02-21-2020, 12:12 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Can't be. From what I see in the w'dworking magazines and on other w'dworking sites, I thought the latest and great cabinet and furniture trend just has to have live wood edges and multi-colored epoxy cascading over the edge(s)....

Laugh TRUTH!
(02-21-2020, 01:46 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote:
Laugh TRUTH!

I googled to see if I could find any live edge kitchen cabinet doors, but all I found were doors with holes in them:
[Image: jhnsn_a_wll_clsup-1200x1800.jpg]

This appears to be a vanity.  I suppose it could migrate into the kitchen.  To me, this is just ugly.
[Image: 914867103c726a8de09aaccf7388f2bb--maple-...-doors.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
If the intent is to sell, it makes sense to go with what is "trendy". Our realtor gave us some suggestions that we thought were really odd, we followed them and got 5 offers on the house, above asking, before we even got a sign in the yard.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

can't argue with that.  If I'm still around when this house gets sold, we are going to do something with the kitchen.  My wife likes it the way it is, but dark wood is not exactly in style.  Tried to talk her into painting the cabinets, but no go