M-WTCA at McCormick's Creek State Park Indiana
Just curious if anyone else is going to go to the show?
McCormick's Creek is absolutely beautiful, and looks like they will have quite a few sellers there also.
If ya get a chance to go, be sure and try and take a day hike if you love nature....
 “Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.”
Sir Winston Churchill
(02-21-2020, 04:05 PM)BlueMaxx Wrote: Just curious if anyone else is going to go to the show?
McCormick's Creek is absolutely beautiful, and looks like they will have quite a few sellers there also.
If ya get a chance to go, be sure and try and take a day hike if you love nature....

This is the meeting on the 14-15th, right? I haven't been in many years and I'm not in the club anymore but I might try to make the meeting this year.
Yup...thats it.....I will be there...
Sir Winston Churchill
(02-28-2020, 04:02 PM)BlueMaxx Wrote: Yup...thats it.....I will be there...

Do you have any more info on the sellers that will be at the show? All I could find on the MWTC website was the date and location. Like I said, I'm not currently a member but thinking I might sign back up to attend the show.
(02-29-2020, 10:33 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: Do you have any more info on the sellers that will be at the show? All I could find on the MWTC website was the date and location. Like I said, I'm not currently a member but thinking I might sign back up to attend the show.

No, and cannot find too much on it either.
Their website is pretty scant on information.
Not just sure how many members there are in it anymore, years ago it was really popular but then I sort of fell away from it after my health issues and so I didn't follow it too closely.
But in the past a lot of hand tool hunters used to show up even if they weren't members looking for stuff...tool hunting is always fun.

I spoke with Matt who is helping put it together and he acted like there was going to be quite a few folks....so who knows.

I will have a table set up there, getting rid of all my hand tools, so I hope there is a good turn out.
I also hope this whole coronavirus thing doesn't keep people away.

If your there stop by and say hi......I might have to put a sign out that says BlueMaxx so some of the folks who have been here for a long time know who I am...I would love to meet some of the folks here....especially after having had followed and spoken to members for many years,

M
Sir Winston Churchill
I had to run to Bloomington this morning and spoke to Matt, he said they are expecting a record turn out.
Lots of tables being filled.
He also said they are having an auction on Sunday........might find some great or good deals there.
Sir Winston Churchill
Well, at the moment...I'll have to wait until the one in April....since it is about 40 miles away, and come AFTER Paydays.....then I can have a wee bit of cash to spend....
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(03-04-2020, 08:22 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Well, at the moment...I'll have to wait until the one in April....since it is about 40 miles away, and come AFTER Paydays.....then I can have a wee bit of cash to spend....
Winkgrin

Glad your able to get to one, hand tool woodworkers are becoming such a rarity in the states these days...I had to move to another hobby for health reasons and am now repairing antique clocks, another lost art here in the states....

I have always been a big supporter of boutique hand tool craftsman and those who make tools.
So many have tried to make a go with it but never seem to be able and sustain themselves.

Then there are unfortunate acts of nature, Evenfall Studios come to mind...then some succumb to age and or injury and health issues. God bless Larry from Old Street Tools.

It was quite in vogue not so long ago with WWIA and Chris Schwartz leading the charge, and Saint Roy... but I guess eventually the charm of new gadgets wins the day.

I am just going to try and block out all other tables and keep repeating to myself.................."I need no more hand tools, I need no more hand tools...."
Crazy
Sir Winston Churchill
Just got the March 2020 issue of Gristmill in the mail...yesterday....One in April is in Piqua, OH....
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Talked to Matt a week ago and we will have a good turn out, my guess is around 150 guest including walk ins. There will be upstairs tool room with around 40 tables and a little less in the basement room. I'll be set up downstairs and that is where the troublemakers are. I'll be running the auction on Sunday morning and there are some good deals and some cool stuff to be auctioned off. Been going there the last 15 years, my favorite show.

Slav
"More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego..."   -Albert Einstein.