Router bit got me on Friday
Thanks to everyone who posted. Shop accidents always leave you feeling a little stupid (at least mine have) and for that reason there is a tendancy not to make them public. These posts are a good reminder that woodworking carries some risk and hopefully will remind the readers to practice good shop safety.
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
(02-25-2020, 01:53 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Router got me.  Before the stitches came out, apparently a nerve "attached" to one of the stiches.  Nurses gave up, called in a doctor; absolutely the most pain I've encountered.  A smart person would have learned their lesson.  But...…..

Many years ago a model airplane engine took off a section of the back side of a finger, shaving off the fingernail right at the cuticle and down across the end of the bone. Yeah, it hurt. But then every week for the next two months I had to go back to the doctor  to have the scar tissue removed from the front of the new nail as scar tissue forms a lot faster than finger nails do. The doctor would ask if I preferred that he use sulfuric  acid or a scalpel. I tried to answer "no" but that was not an acceptable answer. Both options hurt like the devil. The nail did eventually grow back straight and flat and surprisingly I have full normal sensation in the fingertip 65 years later.