Lee Valley chisels
In Woodnet jargon, that means you done good - as in folks are somewhat jealous of your score.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Admiral is just teasing with his you suck remark. But deals like yours don't come along too often, and when they happen, it is because the sellers aren't woodworkers. My plan is to sell my treasured tools before my beneficiaries sell them as heavy paperweights!

Simon
(02-27-2020, 09:08 PM)briman87 Wrote: I’m not sure what is going on here. I signed up a few months ago however was not able to post because of some glitch. But can someone tell me why I suck? Did I do something wrong?

It's a traditional WoodNet way of congratulating you on a great deal on a desirable tool purchase.  Its meant to demonstrate envy and not disapproval!  I just happen to like the Bill Murray pic!  
Laugh
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-27-2020, 09:15 PM)cputnam Wrote: In Woodnet jargon, that means you done good - as in folks are somewhat jealous of your score.

(02-27-2020, 11:51 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Admiral is just teasing with his you suck remark. But deals like yours don't come along too often, and when they happen, it is because the sellers aren't woodworkers. My plan is to sell my treasured tools before my beneficiaries sell them as heavy paperweights!

Simon

(02-28-2020, 08:06 AM)Admiral Wrote: It's a traditional WoodNet way of congratulating you on a great deal on a desirable tool purchase.  Its meant to demonstrate envy and not disapproval!  I just happen to like the Bill Murray pic!  
Laugh

Ah ok I get it now. I am on several different forums for my hobbies one is more serious (metal detecting) the other one is just a bunch of guys and some girls joking around and sarcasm(electric skateboards) so didn't know where this one fell into line.
(02-28-2020, 08:47 AM)briman87 Wrote: Ah ok I get it now.  I am on several different forums for my hobbies one is more serious (metal detecting) the other one is just a bunch of guys and some girls joking around and sarcasm(electric skateboards) so didn't know where this one fell into line.

All of the above ... and more. We even skateboard on occasion. 

Did I ever mention that a bunch of us built skateboards from clip-on metal skates. The good indoor skates were too expensive, or sisters too stuck up to hand over their white rim rollers. Mine was a 2x4 boat. We all laughed at the antiques (with handlebars) some kids brought out.

How can metal detecting be serious? You just go to clothing optional beaches and catch bikini tops .... er, without the rest. Or, whatever....
Briman87-
Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around a while, been pretty slow around here lately. (Mostly) good group of folks on here and they were just giving you a friendly ribbing, don't take it personal. Just so you know how things work around here, what you posted was a 'gloat'. Depending on how good a deal you got, the next 4-5 posts would be discussion of how 'gloat worthy' your 'score' was. The following number of 'you suck' responses is proportional to the 'gloatworthyness' of the deal you got, peppered with a few crumdungeons giving you grief for taking advantage of some little old lady at an estate sale. 

Anyway, enjoy the chisels that looks like a nice set.
(02-28-2020, 10:58 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: Briman87-
Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around a while, been pretty slow around here lately. (Mostly) good group of folks on here and they were just giving you a friendly ribbing, don't take it personal. Just so you know how things work around here, what you posted was a 'gloat'. Depending on how good a deal you got, the next 4-5 posts would be discussion of how 'gloat worthy' your 'score' was. The following number of 'you suck' responses is proportional to the 'gloatworthyness' of the deal you got, peppered with a few crumdungeons giving you grief for taking advantage of some little old lady at an estate sale. 

Anyway, enjoy the chisels that looks like a nice set.

It wasn't an old lady it was a guy young around my age (32) just didnt know what he had.
(02-28-2020, 03:07 PM)briman87 Wrote: It wasn't an old lady it was a guy young around my age (32) just didnt know what he had.

Those are the best to dicker with.

So, do you want to know how to sharpen those gloat chisels? Huh? Huh, huh???? Sharpening is a huge whirlpool. Huge! Worth hundreds of dollars. Thousands. And, we are here, ready to shill our costliest method. Or, just find a cool rock in your neighbors wall.
I have some small diamond plate and a combination water stone. Also I have some automotive sand paper and aluminum oxide sand paper at work.

And then I have a plane blade and chisel sharpener jig.