Vintage Speedy Air benchtop compressor. $40.00
$40.00 Cash and Carry. Pasadena Maryland

The Precursor to the pancake compressor. Speedy Air (W.R.Brown Company), still in business.

This is a 40s/50's era diaphragm compressor, similar to an airbrush compressor so it's won't push the psi for filling tires but will blow dust off your work or supply an airbrush. It's very quiet. The carrying handle is broken. It's actually the only one I've seen with the handle still with it. The later ones had an improved handle. If you google Speedy Air compressor, you'll see some with the upgraded handle. It would be easy to make. I bought it because I thought it was cool and actually did use it for airbrushing. 1 HP Leland 120v motor. No hose. The plug end should be replaced. The belt is old and dry but still works. I'd replace the belt. It's a standard V belt so any auto supply or small engine store should be able to match it. The motor alone is worth the $40.

[Image: To97860.jpg]

[Image: Qqu3QYZ.jpg]

[Image: cuNtnYN.jpg]

[Image: vuiR2It.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(02-25-2020, 05:40 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: $40.00 Cash and Carry. Pasadena Maryland

The Precursor to the pancake compressor. Speedy Air (W.R.Brown Company), still in business.

This is a 40s/50's era diaphragm compressor, similar to an airbrush compressor so it's won't push the psi for filling tires but will blow dust off your work or supply an airbrush. It's very quiet. The carrying handle is broken. It's actually the only one I've seen with the handle still with it. The later ones had an improved handle. If you google Speedy Air compressor, you'll see some with the upgraded handle. It would be easy to make. I bought it because I thought it was cool and actually did use it for airbrushing. 1 HP Leland 120v motor. No hose. The plug end should be replaced. The belt is old and dry but still works. I'd replace the belt. It's a standard V belt so any auto supply or small engine store should be able to match it. The motor alone is worth the $40.

[Image: To97860.jpg]

[Image: Qqu3QYZ.jpg]

[Image: cuNtnYN.jpg]

[Image: vuiR2It.jpg]
SWEET !!!!!
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset