Delta 13" Planer
Model # 22-580. I need to replace the blades. I've priced on the internet, the prices are a little different except for e-replacement which are $70. The others on Amazon less than 50% of this price. The makers are Powertec, Jestuous & Oscarbide. Any experience with any of these brands. One of the ones on Amazon state "By Delta" and sell for $27.
(02-27-2020, 02:46 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: Model # 22-580. I need to replace the blades. I've priced on the internet, the prices are a little different except for e-replacement which are $70. The others on Amazon less than 50% of this price. The makers are Powertec, Jestuous & Oscarbide. Any experience with any of these brands. One of the ones on Amazon state "By Delta" and sell for $27.

e-Replacement parts is notoriously pricey.  There are lots of options on Ebay for less than $15 for a set of Delta genuine ones.  Link

John
(02-27-2020, 03:28 PM)jteneyck Wrote: e-Replacement parts is notoriously pricey.  There are lots of options on Ebay for less than $15 for a set of Delta genuine ones.  Link

John

The problem with something like this is it takes 1-2 months to get it here. Amazon is saying Mar. 6-9. I'm more concerned with the quality of the blades
Check Holbren to see if he has them.
Some aftermarket knives are actually superior (my opinion) to the OEM. I got a set of Titan brand knives for my Delta 15" from Holbren that were much better in quality and less expensive. I'd be willing to bet the Infinity knives are the same, though I have no personal experience. My guess is the current Delta knives are Asian manufacture and not as good as the ones I had (many years ago, I switched to an insert head). I see Holbren is listing knives for your planer at $58, adn i suspect Brian still gives the Woodnet 10% discount. Plus, he makes good if your not happy.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
ive used powertec replacement blades in my tp305 and found them to last longer than oem. 
https://www.amazon.com/POWERTEC-128020-1...081&sr=8-1