Flattening a Beveled Inset
Question 
I'm building a Moxon vise, and am currently working on a beveled front edge for the top of the front chop.

[Image: gnfAX4BwsTgxujjrDxM4Of2UPyqGMHps16U-Oi23...0-h1024-no]
First I chopped out the heavy waste; since then I've been paring out the rest with a chisel.  I am finding it difficult to get a smooth finish though, so my question:  Is this a standard, normal method (paring with a sharp chisel) and I should just be patient and careful, or are there other tools/methods that I could be using that'll give a better chance at a nice, smooth finish?  Maybe a rasp, or a file?
Get a spokeshave.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Welcome to the forum!

As Bandit suggested, a spokeshave would go a long say toward smoothing it. You could also make an angled wood guide for your chisels. It looks like you are close already.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I would use a scraper, or scraper and spokeshave. A spokeshave alone would not get into both corners (one side would be against the grain). A fine file also works.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thanks for the advice, guys. Much appreciated!
I have a post down below titled Hand Tool Action. I am flattening the bottoms of some base molding using a small apron plan to get most of it, and a bull nose plane to get up to the edge.

You could use a small plane to get the center section, then chisels to get up to the corners.
Here is 2 out of the 3 spokeshaves I have, and use..
Cool

Should work.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I am on the hunt for a spokeshave or two; I also now have an excuse to tune up the old bullhead plane I picked up a couple of months ago, and sharpen my scraper.
Thank you for showing us what you are working on and welcome.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.