Performax 16/32 drum Sander
(02-29-2020, 02:36 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: How hard is it to replace?? Do I need to take motor off and drum off??  Looks like everything is attached to that plate. Any suggestions before I give this a try?? I hope the updated version fits mine because that aluminum will strip out again. But if I get another 20 years out of it then it will out live me for sure.

It’s been awhile since I replaced mine, but I don’t recall that the job was that difficult. You will need to take the motor off as it bolts to the plate you are replacing. The drum and the motor connect via a lovejoy coupler, so just loosen that and the drum remains in place.
(02-29-2020, 04:44 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: It’s been awhile since I replaced mine, but I don’t recall that the job was that difficult. You will need to take the motor off as it bolts to the plate you are replacing. The drum and the motor connect via a lovejoy coupler, so just loosen that and the drum remains in place.

Thanks will do after I see what jet tells me. Thanks again.
John T.
(02-29-2020, 06:40 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Thanks will do after I see what jet tells me. Thanks again.
You are welcome. Good luck with it!
Called Jet today. They are the ones who took over the drum sander line from Performax. I told him of my problem and he said they at one time started making those plates with a steel insert but stopped. He has the aluminum ones and wanted $98. I said if I am going to have to buy the old style I can get it cheaper which I did for $85. Decided to buy the pin also. That was another $10. So I will be changing this and hope I get 20 years like the other one and I will be dead by then. Hope all goes well from here.
John T.
(03-02-2020, 02:48 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: <snip>
hope I get 20 years like the other one and I will be dead by then.
Well, *I* hope not!

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
Smile 
(03-02-2020, 09:34 PM)MKepke Wrote: Well, *I* hope not!

-Mark

Well if I am not I won't be in a workshop. 
Smile
John T.
Do you recomend lubricating this and if so with what?
(03-03-2020, 05:56 PM)Turner52 Wrote: Do you recomend lubricating this and if so with what?
Absolutely you should grease it or lubricate the slide as well as the bolt. Maybe that is why it lasted me 20 years. I use that sander on almost every project and it has seen alot of use.
Was a grey graphite sort of grease. I do not remember the name. But from now on I will use the dry spray version. I believe Blaster makes it and sold in Home Depot was where I seen it.
John T.
(03-03-2020, 10:59 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: I believe Blaster makes it and sold in Home Depot was where I seen it.
I agree, this is the one I use.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the info on the lube