HANDTOOLS: Crispy Stanley #50 with 16 irons.....SOLD
SOLD Came across this Stanley #50 earlier this week; I've got several beading and plow planes, so this one needs a new home. Nice and crisp with a bunch of irons.

I don't have paypal or any other EFT technology, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are just fine; I ship when I get your mail, and PM you when shipped with tracking and delivery estimate. All pricing is plus shipping.
First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your name and address so I can quote shipping and print mailing labels, as this saves a lot of back and forth PMing...

Pics can be seen at this Flickr album link:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...3293751806

The #50 was originally marketed as a beading plane, but Stanley saw an opportunity to market a 'light' plow so they added some straight bits. This one is pretty crispy, as found, I've not done anything to it. I found it with 16 correct and original irons: Beading: 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16 and 1/2. Straight: 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 1/2, 5/8, 7/8 and a 1" tongue and groove. Blade box is long gone, but you can make one easily.

Apologies: Skate adjustment screw is awol but if you set it right you don't need it; the oft missing chip deflector is indeed missing, and the holding screw for the 1/8 and 3/16ths straight irons is not original but was a shop made one by the previous owner (the irons in this plane are held between the two skates, and they don't allow use of such narrow irons, so you use one skate and the holding screw for these smaller irons- see the pic of one installed with only one skate).

Comes with the fence and both the depth stop and beading stop (one is usually missing), and the two original knickers which also get misplaced and lost. 100% mechanically, and all the metal is sound. Overall, a very nice and crispy plane and a great beading plane. Pics in the album show you what comes with the plane. Teaser pic:

[Image: 49596989243_0595f46276_b.jpg]

Yours for $90 plus shipping. Will fit in a medium flat rate box for $15.05 to all 50 US states; if you're closer to the east coast, perhaps less, I always figure and quote the best USPS rate.  SOLD

Thanks for looking......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-28-2020, 05:16 PM)Admiral Wrote: Came across this Stanley #50 earlier this week; I've got several beading and plow planes, so this one needs a new home. Nice and crisp with a bunch of irons.

I don't have paypal or any other EFT technology, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are just fine; I ship when I get your mail, and PM you when shipped with tracking and delivery estimate. All pricing is plus shipping.
First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your name and address so I can quote shipping and print mailing labels, as this saves a lot of back and forth PMing...

Pics can be seen at this Flickr album link:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...3293751806

The #50 was originally marketed as a beading plane, but Stanley saw an opportunity to market a 'light' plow so they added some straight bits. This one is pretty crispy, as found, I've not done anything to it. I found it with 16 correct and original irons: Beading: 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16 and 1/2. Straight: 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 1/2, 5/8, 7/8 and a 1" tongue and groove. Blade box is long gone, but you can make one easily.

Apologies: Skate adjustment screw is awol but if you set it right you don't need it; the oft missing chip deflector is indeed missing, and the holding screw for the 1/8 and 3/16ths straight irons is not original but was a shop made one by the previous owner (the irons in this plane are held between the two skates, and they don't allow use of such narrow irons, so you use one skate and the holding screw for these smaller irons- see the pic of one installed with only one skate).

Comes with the fence and both the depth stop and beading stop (one is usually missing), and the two original knickers which also get misplaced and lost. 100% mechanically, and all the metal is sound. Overall, a very nice and crispy plane and a great beading plane. Pics in the album show you what comes with the plane. Teaser pic:

[Image: 49596989243_0595f46276_b.jpg]

Yours for $90 plus shipping. Will fit in a medium flat rate box for $15.05 to all 50 US states; if you're closer to the east coast, perhaps less, I always figure and quote the best USPS rate.

Thanks for looking......

Man...that's a sweet little guy!!!!!!!
Big eek
Big eek
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(02-28-2020, 09:34 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ............
Man...that's a sweet little guy!!!!!!!
Big eek  
Big eek

I have to agree

Had one of these before a kind soul on here gifted me a LV small plow for Secret Santa.

Great Deal too.  I sold mine for over $100 and it only had the plow blades.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Is it like a 45 or 55?  Is it easy to use?

If so maybe we can works something out?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Plane is confirmed sold. Thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis