Sawstop assembly
Congrats on the new Sawstop! Picked up my 3 HP PCS back in 2009 on the Field Test program. Sprang for the ICS mobile base (was offered at a reduced price back then as an option) and it has been well worth it in my crowded shop; replaced a Delta Unisaw. Had a Powermatic Artisan contractor saw before the Unisaw. My experiences with the delivery, assembly and setup are similar to those mentioned above.

I've used this saw steadily over the past 10+ years in my home shop with no problems whatsoever. Unlike some here I like that it is left tilt. Have not triggered the safety cartridge yet (knock on wood) but good to know the backup is there.

Doug
So....I take they do not make a RT?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-03-2020, 12:25 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: So....I take they do not make a RT?

Does anyone anymore?  Maybe Grizzly?
I'm surprised the premium over a PM is so low.  Makes it a no-brainer.  I got my PM66 on a deep discount and I still wonder if I should have gotten the SS.  Main thing is the splitter.
Two older guys in my club have switched over to the sawstop because of their worsening breathing concerns. The pricey blade guards, not the finger saving feature, allow them to keep their hobby. But one of them did trigger the cartridge when he let his buddy use it.

Simon
(03-03-2020, 05:28 AM)KC Wrote: Does anyone anymore?  Maybe Grizzly?

No idea. My last new saw was purchased about 96-97. I haven't shopped seriously since.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Eric, One option is to sell the PM and use the proceed for a new sawstop. I heard the bonus offer (free mobile base or free dust collection upgrade) is coming or has already started.

Simon
(03-03-2020, 11:27 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Eric, One option is to sell the PM and use the proceed for a new sawstop. I heard the bonus offer (free mobile base or free dust collection upgrade)  is coming or has already started.

Simon

Yes.  And the mobile base is the 'integrated one', not the frame/platform type.  Very nice.  
Yes
The difference between what my PM is worth and a new SS costs is a bit much right now, unfortunately.
(03-04-2020, 10:40 AM)EricU Wrote: The difference between what my PM is worth and a new SS costs is a bit much right now, unfortunately.

I have never used a PM saw, but based on other users' experience, there shouldn't be huge differences in performance (accuracy, power, etc) between a Pm and a ss. It all comes down to these where a ss may be better:

- safety
- dust collection
- mobility
- assembly (for those who do not own a PM)

If most of these factors aren't important to you, you don't really need to change your saw.

Simon