Digital collections
I have a lot of woodworking magazines and they take up a lot of space. Right now I have the room for them but when we downsize, they will have to go. Who has gotten rid of all their magazines and gone digital? Do you wish you still had the hard copies? I enjoy thumbing through the pages to read from time to time.

I know there are other advantages to getting the digital collection such as quicker searching, sorting by project, etc. But if I have the digital option, I will have to print it out to build the project, which is a disadvantage in my mind.

So, are you happy with your digital version? What do you like or dislike?

Birdseye Bill
I have a digital version of ShopNotes. I like it pretty well, but it is really just a CD that appears to point to a site.  If the site goes down, I'm not sure that I will still have access to the digital copies.
I have digital copies (some more current than others) of Wood, Shopnotes, Fine Woodworking, Woodsmith, and all 3 disks of Woodcraft magazine.

I have found that the other magazine archives are harder to come by. Anyow, it frees up a ton of storage space, and it's fun to browse them while relaxing . Also fun to see how the magazines have changed over the years.
I got rid of 20+ years of several magazines, and got the digital ones.
Some come on thumb drives some on DVD or CD.
After initial purchase, every one I have offers a low cost update, which I usually get every couple years.
I've copied them all onto my hard drive, so I have them with me anytime I have my laptop.
I have Fine Woodworking, Shopnotes, Today's Woodworker, Wood, Woodsmith, Woodworkers Journal, and Workbench.
I can access any of them, whether I have internet access, or not.
Like you, I like to hold and turn actual paper pages, but this is so much easier to store.
Doubt I will go back to hard copy.
good luck
(03-04-2020, 12:15 PM)stav Wrote: I have a digital version of ShopNotes. I like it pretty well, but it is really just a CD that appears to point to a site.  If the site goes down, I'm not sure that I will still have access to the digital copies.

You should be able to save the digital copies.
A good digital version allows searching capabilities that exceed my patience for page flipping. A bad digital version (poor indexing, clumsy navigation) is nearly worthless to me unless I am really desperate.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(03-04-2020, 12:15 PM)stav Wrote: I have a digital version of ShopNotes. I like it pretty well, but it is really just a CD that appears to point to a site.  If the site goes down, I'm not sure that I will still have access to the digital copies.

I copied my CD of Shop Notes onto my hard drive so I don't have to insert the CD anymore. I can search a project by name or browse to my hearts content. I really need to do for for Woodsmith and Wood. I have boxes of American Woodworker that I still store. I really should get rid of them but in the end I'm a hoarder. 
Laugh
Would anyone be willing to share their electronic copies of finewoodworking, and woodsmith?
Share? As in let you make a copy for yourself? That's not legal. It may seem harmless but it's really not. If you want them, pony up a few bucks. It would be better for all of us to do the right thing.
(03-04-2020, 08:39 PM)briman87 Wrote: Would anyone be willing to share their electronic copies of finewoodworking, and woodsmith?

(03-04-2020, 10:32 PM)Birdseye Bill Wrote: Share? As in let you make a copy for yourself? That's not legal. It may seem harmless but it's really not. If you want them, pony up a few bucks. It would be better for all of us to do the right thing.

<sarcasm>Yeah, I just spent $100 bucks each on them.  Sure, here's a copy.  </sarcasm>