Seeking feedback on Hitachi sliding miter saws
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 10 inch (maybe the 12 inch) Hitachi sliding miter saw.  Am asking for feedback from anyone out there about theirs.  What model do you have and would you buy iot again?  Get it on line or from box store?  Appreciate any good or bad feedback.  Thanks.
(03-04-2020, 12:39 PM)weelis Wrote: I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 10 inch (maybe the 12 inch) Hitachi sliding miter saw.  Am asking for feedback from anyone out there about theirs.  What model do you have and would you buy iot again?  Get it on line or from box store?  Appreciate any good or bad feedback.  Thanks.

I have used them but do not own one. They are good saws, accurate and lighter than most. Only complaint is the Vernier scale is hard for me to read. I have the Milwaukee slide saw which has a very large Vernier scale. My saw is a 10" slider that I bought 20+Years ago. 
I worked for a Canadian company for a couple of years and their slide saws were all Milwaukee.
mike
Can't give exact model number but we bought the Hitachi 12" sliding miter saw for my son and loves it. He always brags on it if someone asks for a recommendation. We bought it at Lowe's. I'll take his word that it is a great saw.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I have a 12" that I bought at Lowes years ago. No complaints and I would buy it again.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

I have had a Hitachi slider for 15 or so years. It has had a good amount of use and I have been happy with it. The only issue I had is the brushes wore out. When I called Hitachi support I got someone in this country who spoke good English that was very helpful. I was able to buy the new brushes online and it was an easy repair.
(03-04-2020, 12:39 PM)weelis Wrote: I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 10 inch (maybe the 12 inch) Hitachi sliding miter saw.  Am asking for feedback from anyone out there about theirs.  What model do you have and would you buy iot again?  Get it on line or from box store?  Appreciate any good or bad feedback.  Thanks.

I looked at a 10" at Lowes. The display seemed to have a couple issues; I couldn't get the bevel to tilt and the detents were sloppy. Probably because  it was abused. The Hitachi and Bosch Glide are the only sliding miter saws I know that can sit against a wall, they don't need room behind for the sliding mechanism. I think the Bosch is a better built saw but it better be, given the price difference. 

If I were in the market, I'd seriously consider this:

https://bigskytool.com/a-c10fshctmmetabo...wed-a.html

$203.14 shipped to me ain't too shabby.

Edit: I read the reviews for this saw on Lowes web site. Not too glowing.
I have the 12". Laser went out after a year. I don't remember why I did not replace it. Either cost or time. I do miss it.
I have a 12".  It cuts a taper when sliding and cuts square when locked in place as a chop saw.  It appears the casting that holds the saw head is out of adjustment as the saw blade is not parallel to the sliding rails.  If there's a way to adjust it, I haven't found it.
I've had a Hitachi for probably 12-15 years now.
Dead on yet, mine was well worth it 
Yes
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(03-19-2020, 08:41 AM)2beast Wrote: I've had a Hitachi for probably 12-15 years now.
Dead on yet, mine was well worth it 
Yes
My 10" Hitachi slider from 10 or more years ago, C10FSH, is still rock solid, perfect straight cuts.  However, the new version is very sloppy to me.  My almost new Hitachi 12" slider for my miter station, has been a disappointment.  The blade seems to follow an elliptical orbit of sorts, even with a different blade, so hard to get a smooth cut.  Also slide cutting not as good.  The upper auxiliary fence is pretty worthless, since it won't lock in an even plane with the lower fence.