new festool mobile sawing table
The only people who should buy this are folks who need to be on site for a long time. Non-traveling folks would be better off with a panel saw or sliding table accessory on their TS. Used Panel saws easily available for less money and solve more problems while only taking double the space of a folded/stored Festool table [and of course you don't have to unfold them]. Traveling folks who are on site for shorter times would be better off cutting over sacrificial boards or foam sheets. 
Festool has shown a willingness to license designs from other manufacturers.  So if you see an exact replica being offered by Festool it is likely licensed.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I like it ... But not for that price ... so its a no... I have a cut table I made years ago and I have more into wheels than anything else.
I must be some kind of savage. I break panels down to the size I need plus an inch out of the back of my pickup when I bring them home. After that, I take them in the shop to cut with a table saw or circular saw.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Ill never understand the disdain against Festool and their pricing by hobbyists. Every time I see someone complain, I think "You are not their target market"!

When I was a weekend hobby guy a decade or more ago, I wouldn't even look sideways at their stuff. But now as a business owner, 1K for a table to break down sheet goods efficiently and without having to take time to build something is nothing. Ive noticed more and more their market is more focused on mobility so would I pay 1k for that in my shop, probably not cause I only have to deal with them 6 days a year and the hardest cut is crosscutting them in half. After that its a piece of cake.

Confused
Confused
Confused

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

"When I was a weekend hobby guy a decade or more ago, I wouldn't even look sideways at their stuff. But now as a business owner, 1K for a table to break down sheet goods efficiently and without having to take time to build something is nothing."

Yep, if it saves you more than $1k in labor or you can use that saved time to generate more revenue, it makes sense.

It's kind of like Snap-On/MAC for mechanics. When the store literally comes to your work once a week and replaces warranty stuff as well, it makes sense for the time savings.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(05-10-2020, 09:29 AM)packerguy® Wrote: Ill never understand the disdain against Festool and their pricing by hobbyists. Every time I see someone complain, I think "You are not their target market"!

When I was a weekend hobby guy a decade or more ago, I wouldn't even look sideways at their stuff. But now as a business owner, 1K for a table to break down sheet goods efficiently and without having to take time to build something is nothing. Ive noticed more and more their market is more focused on mobility so would I pay 1k for that in my shop, probably not cause I only have to deal with them 6 days a year and the hardest cut is crosscutting them in half. After that its a piece of cake.

Confused
Confused
Confused

Time is money.  Then there is your customer seeing that show up onsite, most like to see clean precise tools.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.