Updated - Downspout in ground drain pipe size and material question
Yup that's the one I was referring to. You can extend it upwards. That one has a street ell that fits right into it. If you use a regular 90 you can put a piece of pipe between the two. Just remember the more you do that the more water will sit in the pipe if that;s an issue for you.
Progress...

17 characters

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-07-2020, 05:00 PM)chrisntam Wrote: Progress...

17 characters

May be too late to add $0.02, but I have been told that of you do not glue the joints, then water can get out.  If water can get out, then roots will get in.  

Following that advice I use Sch 40 in Indiana, and glue the joints.   

fwiw.  

tom
I’m still at it, I plan to seal the joints with silicone. I’m using thin wall drainage pipe. Sch 40 is too much for this little project.
Installing pipe now. What a pain to make sure it has fall, especially where the two legs join together. I’ll be doing a small dry well at the end of the run with most of the water to come out of a small grate.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great success, pipes installed, half way back filled awaiting rain to fill in voids under the pipe. Rain forecast for the next several days. Will finish when it dries.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking good. I need to do the same but getting the water from the house to where it needs to go is going to require several long trenches and lots of going around trees etc. The longest stretch will be around 200'. I have to route all my water from in front of the house around to the back of the house and then off to the back of the property. 

Our crappy town doesn't have any storm water control. So all the water that falls on the road comes onto our property and then runs around to the back of the lot(just over 1/2 acre) All the city will do is come dig a trench next to the road which does nothing because they won't grade the edge of the road so the water goes down the road then down our driveway and off to the side of the house. Basically you have to keep the citys water off your own property as they won't control where their runoff goes. Well not without a lawsuit anyway which is what others have had to do when their houses were flooded because of the city.
(03-11-2020, 09:36 PM)chrisntam Wrote: Installing pipe now. What a pain to make sure it has fall, especially where the two legs join together. I’ll be doing a small dry well at the end of the run with most of the water to come out of a small grate.

I wouldn't worry too much about straight-line pitch, as long as there is adequate fall over the distance.  With an elevated outlet, and (a guess) 6" from the top of the outlet to the bottom of the pipe, and (a guess) 1/8"/ft pitch, that pipe will have standing water in it for 48 ft back toward the house.  
Raised
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Just finished laying sod yesterday, pic is attached, we’re happy with the way it came out.  Ended up installing decomposed granite along the house, there is just too little direct sun for anything to grow there.  Ended up moving sprinkler heads, adding heads, leveling the soil, added top soil, really it was a lot of work.  Put in stone edging between the granite and the sod.

I also ran a temporary downspout to the in ground drain, it's temporary until the new gutters get installed.  Like my support?  I've since got it tied to the brick in a more "professional" fashion.  
Laugh

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work, it looks good. 

Trash bags, great thinking. 
Laugh