trying to source a small motor
this is a drive motor i have in "the workshop clock" https://cherrytreetoys.com/workshop-clock-plan/ i built about 14 years ago. i dont run the motor often,in fact havent for a few years took it off its stand to give it a thorough cleaning and fired up the shop tools  but it seems theres a problem in the gears as it jams up quite often. i recall not firing it up in the past for that reason. i contacted hankscraft-the maker of the motor- and they say im outta luck. so what im lookin for is a motor similar to drive my workshop tools in the clock  
i dont seem to be using search terms to find a place that might have a 120v, 60hz ,3 w ,60 RPM, CW movement with a 1/4" dia shaft thats 3/4" long.
im thinking the things i have to match is the 60 RPMs, CW movement, and shaft dimensions but i just aint good at searchin for electrical stuff- about as good as i am at workin on electrical stuff! 
anyone know where i might be able to find something that would work?
any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-07-2020, 11:02 AM)tomsteve Wrote: i dont seem to be using search terms to find a place that might have a 120v, 60hz ,3 w ,60 RPM, CW movement with a 1/4" dia shaft thats 3/4" long.
im thinking the things i have to match is the 60 RPMs, CW movement, and shaft dimensions but i just aint good at searchin for electrical stuff- about as good as i am at workin on electrical stuff! 
anyone know where i might be able to find something that would work?
any help is greatly appreciated.

Similar motors are made by Hansen Mfg. Co. in Princeton, Indiana. Also by Autotrol in Crystal Lake, Illinois. Buying just one from a manufacturer can be very expensive, but they may have a distributor who stocks a 60 rpm motor. Call them and talk to someone in the sales department. A clock parts distributor might have a similar motor.
Some search terms to try: AC clock motor or hysteresis motor or 60 RPM clock motor
At 60 rpm you will want a permanent magnet motor so it has enough torque. And make sure the parts in your project are moving freely so the motor doesn't have to work too hard to move them.
Good luck...
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
Give Ebay or Surplus....com a shot.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-07-2020, 11:49 AM)rectangle618 Wrote: Similar motors are made by Hansen Mfg. Co. in Princeton, Indiana.  Also by Autotrol in Crystal Lake, Illinois.  Buying just one from a manufacturer can be very expensive, but they may have a distributor who stocks a 60 rpm motor.  Call them and talk to someone in the sales department.  A clock parts distributor might have a similar motor.  
Some search terms to try:  AC clock motor or hysteresis motor or 60 RPM clock motor
At 60 rpm you will want a permanent magnet motor so it has enough torque.  And make sure the parts in your project are moving freely so the motor doesn't have to work too hard to move them.  
Good luck...

Might try American time 1 800 328 8996
south vietnam war collage
(03-07-2020, 12:14 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Give Ebay or Surplus....com a shot.

i dont know why i didnt think about ebay! got one that'll work ordered and should be off the slow boat in a week. 
thanks!
(03-07-2020, 02:58 PM)tomsteve Wrote: i dont know why i didnt think about ebay! got one that'll work ordered and should be off the slow boat in a week. 
thanks!

Cool

I found a discontinued vac motor there for my 80's Shop Vac, one made out of metal (barrel).
Got it changed and a few years later needed a filter, also discontinued.
Found a NOS on Ebay for a few bucks.

Sometimes we get lucky
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Search on "synchronous gearmotor".  Here's one that says 50 rpm, but it's 50-60 Hz, so I'd guess it's 50 rpm at 50 Hz, and therefore 60 rpm at 60 Hz, since it's a synchronous motor.  Reversible, but the shaft may need to be dealt with.  A little short, and a little larger diameter at 7mm, but you could just bore out whatever you have on the shaft.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Electric-S...25&sr=8-47
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
https://timesavers.com/c-325739-clock-re...parts.html
Still Learning,

Allan Hill