Delta Router Shaper...Anyone Use One?
(03-09-2020, 12:03 AM)JDuke Wrote: I got a delta shopmaster version of one of those several years ago on clearance for about $100

It’s a decent router with integral lift.

Mine uses the same collets as a porter cable 690

The fence it came with wasn’t worth much, but serves as a decent base to build one.

The wrenches it came with were pretty nice, in that one had a nub on the end that dropped into miter slot effectively locking the spindle for bit changes

Duke

Thanks for the heads up about the collets. Got as far as blowing it out last night and freeing up the lift mechanism.  Thanks
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
If it does use P-C router collets that would make your life simpler. Router bits are WAY cheaper than shaper cutters.
I have one and it collects dust now. I use to use it because Norm Abram had one 
Smile It is loud as heck. yes the router bits are the way to go. It does not spin as fast as a router. I switched to a couple router tables that I use. One is portable that I take outdoors and is for small things. The other is full size with lift. One of these days I will probably sell a few tools that I do not use any more and that will probably be one of them.
John T.
I have one. Spins slower than a router and speed cannot be controlled. The lift and fence works but isn't super easy to use accurately. I have since switched to a dedicated router table setup.

However, I did use mine with a 3/4" cove bit on cocobolo successfully. I just didn't feel like it spins fast enough for smaller bits to leave a decent finish.