Speaker stands
Hi,

Here are some speaker stands I just finished.  The wood is redwood 2x6 scraps left over from a few years ago when my cousin and I repaired my parents deck.  There wasn't much left but enough for two stands about the height I wanted to hold my old Polk RT35 bookshelf speakers.  The design I found on the interweb, made a paper pattern to place the verticals.  Tops/bottoms are glued-up to get the width, simply screwed together with 3" screws.   Stain is Varathane Cabernet followed by 4 coats of Watco gloss wipe-on Poly.  I'm not the best finisher, had to sand a few bad spots and it went better when I used light coats.  I put some felt pads as feet, and may put some rubber self-stick pads on top to isolate the speakers.  Right now I have some old small felt pads stuck to the bottom of the speakers - better than nothing, I think.  

BTW - If anyone remembers, I had a post about fixing a leg on my mom's chair - found out she doesn't really want the chair back, so I put that off while I get some other things done.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Carl

Simple but they will do the job.  I like the color and I usually don't like stained wood.  Good job!
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...