Bathroom faucet
Need a widespread faucet for the bath vanity.  LOML wants a swivel, which limits the choices.  Must be 'brushed nickel', which limits the choices further.    Found a couple that we can both be happy with.  But also saw in the Lowe's search sets that retail for north of $1500.  For a vanity faucet that looks pretty well like hundreds of others! 
No 

I'll replace a $120 Moen or Pfister a couple times and still be waaaaay ahead.  People that would notice whatever it is that makes that $1500 faucet special won't be using my bathroom anyway.  
Laugh
Call Moen. You'll probably have to leave a callback number, and have your computer ready when they call.

Yes

1-800-BUY-MOEN

1-800-289-6636
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(03-09-2020, 04:50 AM)KC Wrote: Need a widespread faucet for the bath vanity.  LOML wants a swivel, which limits the choices.  Must be 'brushed nickel', which limits the choices further.    Found a couple that we can both be happy with.  But also saw in the Lowe's search sets that retail for north of $1500.  For a vanity faucet that looks pretty well like hundreds of others! 
No 

I'll replace a $120 Moen or Pfister a couple times and still be waaaaay ahead.  People that would notice whatever it is that makes that $1500 faucet special won't be using my bathroom anyway.  
Laugh

I spent nine years in my old house. One of the first things I did was replace the bath faucets, and I bought Peerless faucets for something like $40 at Walmart. They were as good the day I left as they were when I put them in.

We built in 2014 and the builder used "premium" Delta faucets and fixtures. They are not the slightest bit better than the cheap Peerless in terms of fit, finish, and function. In particular, the tub faucets (standalone) have a design flaw that makes them pretty annoying. If at all possible, I would try to talk her out of that since it isn't anywhere near worth it. I know my wife had to have several things over the years that were far more expensive than the alternatives, and they ended up being not worth it. Once she realized they weren't worth it she was more willing to accept sensible alternatives on other things.
Not a swivel, but we went with the below for all our bathrooms in the house.  It has the wide 8" spread between handles and the high arc so there is plenty of room under the faucet.  They make a smiliar box store model that is plastic ... this version is all metal and worth the money.

Moen Voss
You might not find them in Home Depot, but there are plenty available online:

https://www.google.com/search?q=widespre...66&bih=654
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-09-2020, 12:06 PM)Cooler Wrote: You might not find them in Home Depot, but there are plenty available online:

https://www.google.com/search?q=widespre...66&bih=654

We found them at Home Depot (before the post).  More a commentary about the incredible retail prices some folks will pay.
Check Menards, loml drug one of their house brand ones home 5-6 years ago. The thing has been flawless.

It's also brushed nickel and swivels.

Menards..

Ed