My latest turning
This is a vase I just completed. The vase and lid are spalted maple and the finial is ebony. The base it's sitting on is a cherry burl. It's approximately 10" tall and 4.5" in diameter.

[Image: 49643016818_40092d75f4_c.jpg]Vase to post by Frank Smith, on Flickr
That is gorgeous!!!  The cherry and the maple are almost the same color.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thanks Bill. They are very close in color but the picture makes them look exactly the same. The cherry is a little more red than the maple.
KC likes.  
Yes
Thanks KC +17..........
Frank
That is a sweet deal there buddy.  I like it.  10 thumbs up!!!! 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Beautiful piece of wood.Great job of turning to show it off
Holy snikies!

Just beautiful...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I like it, but I have to ask, why do you want the vase in a base?,
VH07V  
(03-15-2020, 04:01 AM)EightFingers Wrote: I like it, but I have to ask, why do you want the vase in a base?,

Talking in a rhyme. 
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.