Stain;ess Screws
Any suggestions as to the best source of stainless steel wood screws for outside project?  Thanks.
Sad 
This question was just asked and the discussion couldn't be further back than the second page.

Regardless, my suggestion was the Grip-Rite screws available at Home Depot. They're Torx drive, self-tapping, and available at every Home Depot. I use them all the time for outdoor projects. If the heads are exposed they look nice as well.
I've never tried them, but this isn't a bad price for 5lb. https://www.amazon.com/SPAX-Stainless-St...B000I66XGG
No help here on buying.

SS screws do have a learning curve.  Unless they have been improved in the last few years, they are much softer than modern screws.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Marine supply houses carry a wide variety of stainless steel hardware and fasteners. We have a West Marine Supply in town and I get my SS fasteners there. They keep a good variety in stock and will sell in small quantities. Fastenall also carries SS fasteners, but you usually have to purchase in larger quantities. If you don't have a marine supply or a Fastenall nearby, you can order online from them or from MSC Industrial Supply (www.mscdirect), McMaster Carr (www.mcmaster.com) or McFeely's (www.mcfeely's.com).
Hamilton Marine

Jamestown Distributors

I used Sharx stainless steel screws in the boats I built. Purchased from Jamestown Distributors.
What others have said, Stainless Screws are softer than the coated screws.  In my experience you may want to drill a pilot hole for them.  Also using a Stainless Steel bit will not put any particles in the drive area that can promote corrosion in the head. I bought some Stainless bits from Lee Valley for this. If you want to avoid this use, I would suggest plugs or placing the screw so that water will not sit in the drive hole. Kreg does make stainless pocket & Coated screws square drive.  I do like the Home depot deck screws and Menards still has the combo head screws as well as torques head.  Trying to switch over to the torques head only, but still have a lot of square drive ones. Dan