Anyone have an EGO Hedge Trimmer?
I'm looking to buy a cord free hedge trimmer.   The choice is between a 2-cycle gas unit or a battery powered one.  The EGO unit looks pretty nice and gets good reviews.  Anyone here have one?  If so, how has it performed?  And if you have a different battery powered unit, what is it and would you recommend it?  For background, I intend to use this not only for trimming my hedges but also for cutting back the several hundred feet of hedge rows along the edge of my property, so the unit I buy needs to be able to handle stuff up to about 1" diameter.  

Thanks in advance.

John
I don't have the hedge trimmer but I have the Ego lawn mower, weed wacker and chainsaw and highly recommend them all.
(03-11-2020, 02:21 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I'm looking to buy a cord free hedge trimmer.   The choice is between a 2-cycle gas unit or a battery powered one.  The EGO unit looks pretty nice and gets good reviews.  Anyone here have one?  If so, how has it performed?  And if you have a different battery powered unit, what is it and would you recommend it?  For background, I intend to use this not only for trimming my hedges but also for cutting back the several hundred feet of hedge rows along the edge of my property, so the unit I buy needs to be able to handle stuff up to about 1" diameter.  

Thanks in advance.

John

I have one and I recommend it highly.  very potent little animal.  I bought my as a re-firb.

It will do 1", depending on wood type of course.
I have one and it works great. I’m fixin to get a blower to take camping for cleaning up around the campsite, rugs, roof etc.
I have the EGO weed whacker and leaf blower.  Both highly recommended.
Thanks all.  The Yeahs have it.  I think I'll get one tomorrow, before we're on lockdown.  

John
FYI the mower and other yard tools HF is now coming out with looks like rebadged EGO stuff. EGO makes for several other companies.
I bought one at Home Depot this morning, charged the battery and gave it whirl on some hedgerow that needs to be trimmed back.  Very impressive. Seems very well built and has lots of power to go through stuff the size of your thumb.  Not light at over 8 lbs IIRCt, but lighter then the chainsaw with hedge trimmer attachment I was using to do this.  It and I are going to get a good workout in the next couple of weeks.  

John