A simple segmented project
This set of salt and pepper mills was a really easy but useful project. Each grinder requires less than half a board foot of wood. Every segment is the same size so making the sticks and segments from leftovers is an efficient process. The grinder kits are only $15 a pair so the whole project is pretty inexpensive.

I have about 9 hours in the whole project, mostly because I did it as segments.

The woods were ash and walnut, finished in spar varnish because I wanted something that would withstand a lot of handling.

Attached Files Image(s)

We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Very nice and the contrast in woods is great. I like the ash one since the grain really pops.
Don
Great looking set.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
They look wonderful and the Ash rings make it look kind of like quilted maple.  Right now I can not afford the parts for the grinder.  In the future tho.

Thanks buddy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Those look great. I love the combination of Ash and Walnut.
Great project. That ash really looks good. Might have to find some.