Veritas miter plane availibility
That is why all of us love Rob Lee and he has done this so many times throughout the years.  I can not say how well I think of him.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Tony, I agree. I've owned the LN no9, Veritas low angle jack, LN low angle jack, Veritas shooting plane and now the Veritas miter plane. The Veritas miter plane is the most fun to use to "shoot". The grip (how you hold the plane) is super comfortable. I like being able to grip the plane right above the blade.

I also own the accessory shooting grip "horn" (that fits other Veritas planes). It's a little taller than the included horn and the angle is different. I prefer it. The accessory horn also fits the Veritas jack rabbet although I haven't tried that plane for shooting yet. I can post some pics if anyone is interested.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin
(03-26-2020, 10:19 AM)dave brown Wrote: Tony, I agree. I've owned the LN no9, Veritas low angle jack, LN low angle jack, Veritas shooting plane and now the Veritas miter plane. The Veritas miter plane is the most fun to use to "shoot". The grip (how you hold the plane) is super comfortable. I like being able to grip the plane right above the blade.

I also own the accessory shooting grip "horn" (that fits other Veritas planes). It's a little taller than the included horn and the angle is different. I prefer it. The accessory horn also fits the Veritas jack rabbet although I haven't tried that plane for shooting yet. I can post some pics if anyone is interested.

Please post the pics! In my opinion, this LV miter plane, is sort of the orphan child, but having tried all of the planes mentioned, along with owning the LN #9 and a LN low angle jack (which is also nice for shooting), the LV wins hands down! Just is one of those tools that clearly feels like an extension of your hand.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Here are some pics with the alternative grip and the LN 62 and Veritas rabbet jack for comparison.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next pic for comparison.

Attached Files Image(s)

And from the top.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Veritas miter plane weights .5lbs more than the LN 62 and 1.0lbs less than the Veritas jack rabbet.

The Veritas jack rabbet has grub screws that can be snugged down to keep the blade from moving side to side when using it as a shooting plane. The Veritas miter plane has two grub screws so it's blade can still be skewed if you bump the adjuster. I tightened down the set screw that holds its adjuster in place which makes it harder to skew unintentionally. I'm debating drilling tapping for two more grub screws or I might just file a flat on the adjuster body so the set screw will effectively lock it in place.
Just in the spirit of "more data", I too used a LV Low Angle Jack with a shop made hot dog.  

I was gifted the LV Shooting Plane so the Low Angle Jack is just a jack plane again.  If not for the gift I would still be shooting with the LAJ.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.