Stanley #7c type 9 -SOLD
I bought this plane from a fellow wood netter back in 2009. I'm asking $80 + shipping from 37312. I'm in the Chattanooga area and will meet up if any locals are interested. Here is what he sent me at the time as he did a little restoration work on it:

See the attached link for a gallery of the plane. I just finished lapping it over the weekend, tested it yesterday and the back was a tiny proud, and now the bottom is very flat and the plane works nicely. 

I was not correct about the type - I believe it is a type 9, and not a type 11, which means there is no frog adjustment screw. Some people like that. 

The bed has a coat of high solids MRO and a coat of spray shellac - note around the mouth I scratched it up a bit. I intended for this to be a user plane for me, and didn't go nuts putting 5 coats of paint on it, as to me, the only function of the paint is to stop rust. Were I to keep the plane, I would just run a foam brush of shellac over the scratches as they show up, and if you ding too much paint off of it, just strip it and paint it. It shouldn't need that without abuse, though.

You can see the full length shaving off the board in the vise - it is 1/2 of a thousandth, shown on the before and after picture of the calipers - the plane is flat enough that it could do anything from jointing to smoothing if needed. 

The blade and chipbreaker area millers falls pair since the original pair were pitted and need too much work for me to prep if I don't have to. 

The adjustment has some personality - lateral adjustment is great, vertical adjustment takes the same touch as a lot of old stanleys - run it up until it cuts, and gradually back off until it doesn't, and then just give it a tiny bit of tension and it will then take a very thin shaving. Not quite so much touch required if you're just jointing thick shavings. 

Tote and knob are macassar ebony, but I don't want to make it out like I'm an artist putting them together, they are functional but not exact copies of the stanley shape and height. 

Attached Files Image(s)

How about $80 and no shipping.
(03-19-2020, 08:32 AM)Rocky307 Wrote: How about $80 and no shipping.

I cannot seem to private message you, but I am interested.
Please try sending me a message and we can trade details.

Thanks
Jim
(03-19-2020, 09:31 AM)jamesglenn Wrote: I cannot seem to private message you, but I am interested.
Please try sending me a message and we can trade details.

Thanks
Jim

Will do.
Plane has been sold.