Entry hall table for a niece: final photos
(03-14-2020, 10:12 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Had to chuckle when you threw in  "a chair I built a few years ago ..."    
If anyone reading this has not seen the build of that chair and want
further evidence of Dereks' master class skill, it was another fine
example.
Agreed! The table is outstanding craftsmanship for sure, but for me the chair is the most interesting piece of the two. Nice work Derek.
This is some of the most masterful furniture I’ve witnessed.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Beautiful work (as usual) Derek on the table! I especially enjoyed the video on the half-blind dovetails on the lipped drawers. Lots of nice little "nuggets" of wisdom and technique there - thanks!

Doug
Derek: very nice. I like the attention to all aspects of detail. I hope she appreciates it!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Such amazing work. I showed it to my wife and she was blown away as well. It looks so much better than the model. Like looking at a Yugo for inspiration for a Ferrari.
A beautiful piece, Derek!

I've enjoyed following this build from the beginning and marveled at the craftsmanship that went into (just like all your other pieces...)

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I wish there was a "thank you" button. I would be pressing it for every reply here! Thanks all!

Kind regards

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Way out of my league! Precision and elegance abounds. Your attention to detail even extends to your pictures. The "obligatory dovetail shot" has each drawer successive drawer extended the same length beyond the drawer in front. Awesome job, Derek.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I want in too!

It's a beautiful piece Derek with your usual attention to detail every step of the way. I enjoyed the journey and congratulate you. That curly jarrah complements your design perfectly.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Wow, Derek! I'm not sure which I like better - the hall table or the chair. Both are stunning!