Anyone have a Delta BOSS sander???
I have one and the sleeves are not staying tight to the rubber cylinder.  When I use it and push a piece of wood against the sleeves, they just sit there and the rubber drum spins underneath it.

I've tried tightening down the nut/bolt on top to no avail.  (When you tighten down the cylinder is is supposed to expand, thug grabbing the sanding sleeve, right?)

What's the deal with my machine?  thanks!
Dumber than I appear
(03-16-2020, 07:27 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: I have one and the sleeves are not staying tight to the rubber cylinder.  When I use it and push a piece of wood against the sleeves, they just sit there and the rubber drum spins underneath it.

I've tried tightening down the nut/bolt on top to no avail.  (When you tighten down the cylinder is is supposed to expand, thug grabbing the sanding sleeve, right?)

What's the deal with my machine?  thanks!

Cheap sleeves, old dried rubber, not using the correct spreader washer under the top bolt, not tightening the top bolt enough.  It could be any or a number of these things.    There is a nut on the bottom that allows you to tighten or loosen the top more or less.    Are the sleeves a tight fit to slide on the rubber?  If not... try something to increase traction like some salt or maybe a coat of shellac on the inside of the sleeve. (let it dry)
WoodNET... the new safespace
(03-16-2020, 07:46 AM)Splinter Puller Wrote: Cheap sleeves, old dried rubber, not using the correct spreader washer under the top bolt, not tightening the top bolt enough.  It could be any or a number of these things.    There is a nut on the bottom that allows you to tighten or loosen the top more or less.    Are the sleeves a tight fit to slide on the rubber?  If not... try something to increase traction like some salt or maybe a coat of shellac on the inside of the sleeve. (let it dry)

All excellent advice, but I would put this one as number one.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(03-16-2020, 09:49 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: All excellent advice, but I would put this one as number one.

The other thing is when your sleeves are too tight.  Just drop the rubber in the freezer for an hour and the sleeve will slide on easier because the rubber will shrink.  Or if the sleeve is stuck on, chuck it in the freezer for an hour and then remove, warm the sleeve with your hands and the sleeve should pop off as it expands faster then the rubber.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Don''t forget, I believe the bolt is a left hand thread and use the correct washer.