Hall Table: final photos
For those that began following my build but do not go to the hand tool forum, here is a link to the final photos:

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/Furniture/E...inal2.html

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(03-17-2020, 09:55 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: For those that began following my build but do not go to the hand tool forum, here is a link to the final photos:

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/Furniture/E...inal2.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

Its well worth the time to go take a look at this piece.
I always enjoy looking at your work Derek. Thank you for taking the time to document it so well!
Followed the build quite a bit. Nice design and executed very well!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
what a build along it was! love it.. kept meaning to ask, but will here, what's this little groove for (circled in red)

Attached Files Image(s)

My, you have eagle eyes!

That "little groove" is the top of the slip as it exits under the drawer back ...

[Image: EntryHallTableForANiece11_html_3116a6e8.jpg]

[Image: EntryHallTableForANieceFinal2_html_mdfdb633.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(03-23-2020, 06:19 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: My, you have eagle eyes!

That "little groove" is the top of the slip as it exits under the drawer back ...

[Image: EntryHallTableForANiece11_html_3116a6e8.jpg]

[Image: EntryHallTableForANieceFinal2_html_mdfdb633.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek

Thanks! But the groove itself.. Just an aesthetic thing to make the slip look nicer?
Yes, aesthetic thing.

Firstly, the slip has grain running down the drawer (front-to-back) and the drawer bottom has grain running across the drawer (side-to-side). Creating a bead at the junction makes them blend better.

Secondly, it is difficult to create a perfect joint (even though you know I am capable of this
No ), and a bead hides any imperfections.

Regards from Perth

Derek
(03-23-2020, 07:50 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Yes, aesthetic thing.

Firstly, the slip has grain running down the drawer (front-to-back) and the drawer bottom has grain running across the drawer (side-to-side). Creating a bead at the junction makes them blend better.

Secondly, it is difficult to create a perfect joint (even though you know I am capable of this
No ), and a bead hides any imperfections.

Regards from Perth

Derek

strive for perfection, attain excellence!

Cool
Beautiful work, as always.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.